Thoughts on Classic Playfield Reproductions

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
Kirk H

Thoughts on Classic Playfield Reproductions

Post by Kirk H »

Hey Guys, I finally bought (at least sent the Paypal) an Evel Knievel PF from CPR. Here's where I'm starting to get frustrated. Prior to ordering, I asked if they could send me pics of the PF I would be getting, which is what the website suggests to do. Kevin replied that they do not send out pictures of the playfields left, they simply send the best of what's left in the grade you are ordering. The context made me feel like a nuisance for asking even though it's what the website recommended. Regardless I, let it go. Then I asked Kevin "how to order" he pointed me to the bottom of the website and said to send a Paypal.
I sent the Paypal 8 days ago. I immediately sent Kevin an email letting him know I sent the payment. The payment has gone through from my end. I sent another email yesterday, now 7 days after the payment and email, and I still have no response. I am a patient man when I am told "why" to be patient. As a matter of fact this restoration has been waiting for 5 years. At this point I don't know if my payment was received on their end, if my PF is already shipped, I have no clue the status of my order, and that is bad business. I have heard nothing.
I post here because I know several of you personally and know some of you have ordered from CPR before. I don't want to fly off the handle yet, but if I don't hear something soon I will begin raising a stink.
Looking forward to your responses.
Kirk
Stranger Things pro, Funhouse 2.0, Comet, Evil Knievel, City Slicker, Special Force, Lady Luck, Pharaoh, Sorcerer, Lunar Shot, Knock Out, Flight 2K, Mr. & Mrs. Pac-Man, Flipper Fair.
ralphwiggum

Re: Thoughts on Classic Playfield Reproductions

Post by ralphwiggum »

I have swapped 5 PFR playfields. 3 i bought from CPR, two from resellers. There really is no excuse for CPRs lack of communication and what seems to be disorganised chaos in their ordering process. If i were a betting man, i would bet your PF will be there by the end of the week and you will still not have heard back from CPR.
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
BigDaddyBanjo

Post by BigDaddyBanjo »

ralphwiggum wrote:I have swapped 5 PFR playfields. 3 i bought from CPR, two from resellers. There really is no excuse for CPRs lack of communication and what seems to be disorganised chaos in their ordering process. If i were a betting man, i would bet your PF will be there by the end of the week and you will still not have heard back from CPR.
I had the same experience, my deal was done through e-mails over the course of a few weeks and then the PF and Plastics showed up a week or so after payment was sent via PayPal. They don't have a well-organized, formal process for customers to communicate with them and purchase their products, but I got what I ordered and the quality was exactly as I expected it to be.
Home Collection : FT, JD,Paragon, POTO, GB, WCS, TWD, WPT, SMVE, BK, HS, Gorgar and Bank Shot.
Kirk H

Post by Kirk H »

thanks for the feedback guys. I'm sure your right. It will likely arrive one random day this week. I would just like to know for sure.
What a bad way to conduct business.
Stranger Things pro, Funhouse 2.0, Comet, Evil Knievel, City Slicker, Special Force, Lady Luck, Pharaoh, Sorcerer, Lunar Shot, Knock Out, Flight 2K, Mr. & Mrs. Pac-Man, Flipper Fair.
Ekthoren

Post by Ekthoren »

Sit tight Kirk. If the money was taken out of your pay pal they got it. The playfield will show up. Usually it takes 1 to 2 weeks to get here but I did have a plastic set take 4 weeks once but it was because it got flagged for inspection by customs. Literally, I usually get stuff from China a couple days quicker than I do from Canada. And yes their communication and customer service are not good.
Erik
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

Bummer to hear. Yeah they def have some issues on the business end of things. Are these guys still Doing this as a side business or have they made this a full time gig?

Hopefully all the trouble will be worth the wait. I've always been very happy with the quality of their product.

Chris
Radical, Taxi, RollerGames, Dr. Dude, EATPM, Bad Cats, Diner, Police Force, Riverboat Gambler, Swords of Fury, Cyclone, IMDN, Tommy, GNR, MET Prem, KISS Prem, TRS, AC/DC LE, Rob Zombie, Monopoly, No Good Gofers, Who Dunnit, DemoMan, Scared Stiff, Ghostbusters Prem. Not here: Earthshaker, AC/DC, F-14, HMM. Tech bay: Game Show.
Kirk H

Post by Kirk H »

I'm currently camping with the Cub scouts and my wife sent me the picture. I haven see it in person but I'm super excited.
5369.jpeg
lg40

Post by lg40 »

Very nice.
Johnny Mnemonic, Bride of Pinbot 2.0, The Shadow, Police Force, World Cup Soccer, White Water, Judge Dredd, The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends