Flippin with the Greats > Photo Thread ONLY

Detailed Events Forum. All Calendar Entries point back to events in this forum.
TheDru

Re: Flippin with the Greats > Photo Thread ONLY

Post by TheDru »

Ken, Ryan, did you two go see a movie or something? I gave yout a juicy score to shoot for and no pics?
Ken

Post by Ken »

Hilton wrote:where are the rest of your scores Ken? I want to see how soon I need to plan a trip back to Scwoegs :)
You're going to have to plan a trip back, but it's not going to be because of me (not yet). Was great to run into not one, not two, not three, not four, but five (OK, one was a service call but it still counts!) pinball friends enjoying the tourney as much as me.
TheDru wrote:Ken, Ryan, did you two go see a movie or something? I gave yout a juicy score to shoot for and no pics?
Ryan put up a few decent scores but nobody crushed it today. Pictures aren't worth bragging about but I put up

23 Mil on NBA
5 Mil on Simpsons
and 97 Mil on ACDC

As far as the spreadsheet, I see the end of the month as a time when people will be less likely to submit new scores in the hopes that others will feel "safe". Total transparency (like at a day long tourney) would be ideal, but unlikely. If you (Hilton) as a regular to both locations want to track current leader boards (what's entered into the games) I see no harm in that. I think everyone would like to see "where they are", but also have to realize that things can change hourly on a (month long) pump and dump.

Although I don't care for NBA, Simpsons, or Teed Off all that much, the 50 minute ride is well worth it to play a nice AC/DC Premium. Thanks to Sean and Garrett for not only putting AC/DC, but ST on location for our community to enjoy.

Games played great. Scwoeglers is nice. Will definitely make it back at least once more before the end of the month.

P.S. Pics from my mobile uploads appeared upright on my phone, but not on the PC. You get the idea. :)

/Wall of Text
Last edited by Ken on Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Yes, I will only bother to enter and post current standings if enough people give me their current scores to make it worthwhile. I am guessing many don't want to share them at all which is totally fine.

I would love to have some sort of application based system where people could join an event like this on the fly and also submit scores on the fly along with photo dumping for verification.

I had a guy that I thought was working on something like this but I think it is likely a huge project to undertake (I know nothing about programming or how much this would take). If anyone knows someone that is good at app development and wants to earn some cash on the side then please put me in touch.

Back on topic. Pretty nice scores Ken!
Ken

Post by Ken »

TheDru wrote:Well, lunch is done. 3 games of Space Jam and this is the best I got:

I dunno Lou, Sober score looks pretty good :)
TheDru

Post by TheDru »

You have no idea how hard it was to go back to work when for an extra $.25 per drink I could have had a fun afternoon with ya. There's always tomorrow.
Ken

Post by Ken »

TheDru wrote:You have no idea how hard it was to go back to work when for an extra $.25 per drink I could have had a fun afternoon with ya. There's always tomorrow.

So.... Pooley's tomorrow?? ;) If all goes well I 'll be there to improve some scores . ;)
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

stopped out to Pooley's for lunch and managed to slightly better my TAF
223,490, 840

Phone does not upload pics easy, but wanted to post it up. STX and DRU still up top on that one (for now)

Anyone know who 'PCP' initials are? They had a few scores up but I don't know the handle/initials.
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

Hilton wrote:Anyone know who 'PCP' initials are?
I don't think those are real - you were probably hallucinating! :lol:
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

u2sean wrote:
Hilton wrote:Anyone know who 'PCP' initials are?
I don't think those are real - you were probably hallucinating! :lol:

way too old for that...

Ken was out there jamming. Where are those pics Ken? Someone needs to knock DRU off TAF GC.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Saw the STX license plate in the parking lot on my out but didn't see the man himself. No new scores to report. Rough day.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Ken wrote:Saw the STX license plate in the parking lot on my out but didn't see the man himself. No new scores to report. Rough day.
bummer on the no new scores.
TheDru

Post by TheDru »

Stx took a 1/2 day so we went stmoping arounD a bit. Dropped his car off and ended up back theye to roll the ball a bit. When I left he was still trying to Crack TAF. These were my high'S for the day....bottom mediocre @ best.
Attachments
20141209_113830.jpg
20141209_111908.jpg
TheDru

Post by TheDru »

Oops. That was from breakfast @ Scweggies. Only ST from pooleys.
Attachments
20141209_145234.jpg
reldnips

Post by reldnips »

Scores thus far.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Harlem Globetrotters, Blackout, Joker Poker
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

That ACDC score is INSANE!!!

Count me as super impressed! Wish I knew your strategy to do that. Seriously, WOW!