January 10th League Night

ralphwiggum

January 10th League Night

Post by ralphwiggum »

Chris M. is our gracious host and will be posting game/event details in this thread. For Detailed schedule information, please go to DETAILED SCHEDULE INFORMATION.

YOU MUST CONFIRM ATTENDANCE ON THE CALENDAR calendar.php?view=event&calEid=3702
This makes it much easier for Chris M. and myself to keep track of attendance for this event. It is important to have a firm number for the night to keep things running smooth.
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
KingPin Games

January 2015 League Night USB Party!

Post by KingPin Games »

Getting things ready for January.

7pm start. doors open at noon.

Thinking about doing an Ugly Sweater Baller (USB) party.

Ugliest sweater, by anonymous voting during the night, wins something (i'll work on it).

Current line up

The Simpson's Pinball Party
Lord of the Rings
Wizard of Oz Limited Edition
Black Knight 2000
Bride of Pinbot (just redone by CenterFlank)
Jurassic Park
Star Trek The Next Generation
Road Show
AC/DC Premium
World Cup Soccer 94
Revenge From Mars
Star Wars Episode 1

Time Traveler (Sega video from the 90's)

Thanks

KingPin (Chris M.)
Last edited by KingPin Games on Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell

Authorized JJP, Stern, Spooky, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball, Raw Thrills, Namco, Incredible Technology, Pipeline Games
BigDaddyBanjo

Re: January 2015 League Night

Post by BigDaddyBanjo »

Sounds great Chris! Do we have a date yet? I want to pre-emptively get this on my calendar.

Garrett
Home Collection : FT, JD,Paragon, POTO, GB, WCS, TWD, WPT, SMVE, BK, HS, Gorgar and Bank Shot.
KingPin Games

Post by KingPin Games »

Alright, the date has been set for Saturday January 10th, 2015.

Event begins at 7pm and i will open my doors at noon if people want to come and hang out.

don't forget your Ugly Sweater!!!

Ugliest sweat wins some cool prizes.
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell

Authorized JJP, Stern, Spooky, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball, Raw Thrills, Namco, Incredible Technology, Pipeline Games
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

confirming request to be a plus 1 or sub or whatever if space allows.
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Hilton wrote:confirming request to be a plus 1 or sub or whatever if space allows.

Place yourself as a Yes in the calendar if you know you can attend the event. Mention that you are also available as a plus one. If someone wants to pick you up as their plus one, they will contact you from there. I am really focusing efforts on keeping all attendance tracking done on the calendar as it is easiest to follow.
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
KingPin Games

Re: January 10th League Night

Post by KingPin Games »

Looks like i am next on the list. (sad that i missed tulley's, but it was family before pinball)

Started working on everything (playing each game and watching for issues... the only issue so far is that i am disappointed in my skills.)

game line-up is in the signature.

food/drink requests are encouraged.

Merry Christmas

KingPin
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell

ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

I'm looking forward to making my first Ballers event. Although I know I'm just seeding the pot I'm excited to finally see your collection.

I'm working on my ugly sweater now.

Chris
Radical, Taxi, RollerGames, Dr. Dude, EATPM, Bad Cats, Diner, Police Force, Riverboat Gambler, Swords of Fury, Cyclone, IMDN, Tommy, GNR, MET Prem, KISS Prem, TRS, AC/DC LE, Rob Zombie, Monopoly, No Good Gofers, Who Dunnit, DemoMan, Scared Stiff, Ghostbusters Prem. Not here: Earthshaker, AC/DC, F-14, HMM. Tech bay: Game Show.
KingPin Games

Post by KingPin Games »

Machines left to work on

Star Trek The Next Generation - LED upgrade
Jurassic Park - Lower left flipper seems to get weak sometimes.
Star Wars Episode 1 - SSD drive died for the NuCore system. one has been ordered, but i don't know if i will be able to load the nucore software anymore because the linux distro is outdated. i might be able to clone my RFM drive since they are identical systems.

That should be it. Obviously i will focus on JP since STTNG is only cosmetic and there is nothing i can do with SWE1 until the new drive shows up (next week i hope).

Other than that there are just a few switches to adjust on a couple games and lots and lots of "testing" to be done. if anyone wants to come up for an evening of "testing" let me know. I am usually home around 530 or so.
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell

KingPin Games

Post by KingPin Games »

Looks like we will be watching someone against Seattle the night of the Baller Event. 120" HD Projector ready. Even if you can not get into the event, you are still welcome to come up and watch the game.

For those of you who have Christmas parties that night, i will open my doors at noon so you can come up earlier and hang out.

Go Packers! (on Sunday the 11th)
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell

ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

I have my ugly sweater and I'm ready to go.

chris
Radical, Taxi, RollerGames, Dr. Dude, EATPM, Bad Cats, Diner, Police Force, Riverboat Gambler, Swords of Fury, Cyclone, IMDN, Tommy, GNR, MET Prem, KISS Prem, TRS, AC/DC LE, Rob Zombie, Monopoly, No Good Gofers, Who Dunnit, DemoMan, Scared Stiff, Ghostbusters Prem. Not here: Earthshaker, AC/DC, F-14, HMM. Tech bay: Game Show.
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Looking forward to this.... My sweater is *almost* ready to go.... It is quite festive to say the least....
Current Collection
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Here is where we are at right now-

Hosts
Chris M. and Alyssa
Mark and Ian
Chris S. and Dave M.
Tully and Devin
Mike S.
Tim E. and Carl
Tim N.

Subs
Ken K.
Alec S.
Hilton J.
Maya N.
Current Collection
KingPin Games

Post by KingPin Games »

Star Wars Episode 1 is up and ready to go. It was actually quite easy since i have a Revenge from Mars right next to it with a Nucore system. Plugged the new hard drive into the Revenge from Mars (as /dev/sdb). Logged out of the Nucore system and into the command line for the linux system running underneath it. Cloned the drive (sudo dd if=/dev/sda of=/dev/sdb), waited about 20 minutes for it to finish, then shutdown the system. Placed the cloned drive into the Star Wars Nucore system, booted up, changed the settings from Revenge from Mars (since it was a cloned drive it still thought it was Revenge) to Episode 1, changed the game settings (ball save, free play, etc) and everything worked out perfectly. One of the easiest repairs i have ever done.

Tonight i will will be digging into the Jurassic Park a little more and will get some more leds done... hopefully.

See everyone in a week.

p.s. Some of you might become test subjects for my new dehydrator and try some jerky, if i can find the time to get it set up.
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell

ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

KingPin Games wrote:
p.s. Some of you might become test subjects for my new dehydrator and try some jerky, if i can find the time to get it set up.

I had a dehydrator in college (one of the few appliances they allowed in the dorms)..... I made a ton of jerky, that stuff is amazing.
Current Collection