League Rules & Scoring

ralphwiggum

Re: League Rules & Scoring

Post by ralphwiggum »

Hilton wrote: I couls pay off this guilt by donating something extra to the host...

Just keep your scores low, I don't ask anything else as repayment... :D
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
Methos

Post by Methos »

It doesn't matter what the rules will be - I won't be fininishing very high. Having said that - I would not mind a small entry fee for a final payout as to me that gives us skin in the game.

Yet - my interest is to have fun and hang out - not necessary to win price pools so either way I'm good with. Agree on the $10 fee for the host each night - that makes sense.
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Instead of money, what about making this an IFPA league, and points could be the payout? Just a random thought...
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

ralphwiggum wrote:Instead of money, what about making this an IFPA league, and points could be the payout? Just a random thought...
That works. Nothing to it form my discussions with Josh. Just need to notify them of the league and they divide points out for each gatherthing. They take the base points for an annual event and divide it out by the number of times the event is expected to meet up. In this case 12 (even if we only meet 3 times in 2013, they still factor it as a 12 per year periodic event) . Basically we could report IFPA for each night of the league.

I would be cool with chipping in a few bucks to a prize pool if people want some skin in the game but lets make it more fun than just winner gets cash at the end of the season. What about all the losers have to buy a 6er of their favorite beer/soda and give it to the winner at the end of the season?

Season runs from Oct 2013 to Sept 2014?
Methos

Post by Methos »

Hilton wrote:
ralphwiggum wrote:Instead of money, what about making this an IFPA league, and points could be the payout? Just a random thought...
That works. Nothing to it form my discussions with Josh. Just need to notify them of the league and they divide points out for each gatherthing. They take the base points for an annual event and divide it out by the number of times the event is expected to meet up. In this case 12 (even if we only meet 3 times in 2013, they still factor it as a 12 per year periodic event) . Basically we could report IFPA for each night of the league.

I would be cool with chipping in a few bucks to a prize pool if people want some skin in the game but lets make it more fun than just winner gets cash at the end of the season. What about all the losers have to buy a 6er of their favorite beer/soda and give it to the winner at the end of the season?

Season runs from Oct 2013 to Sept 2014?
Great idea!
Ken

Post by Ken »

Either way I'm good, couple of bucks in or a 6er sounds great.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

We should be set for IFPA stuff. I am getting it all hammered out with Josh/IFPA.
rdexter

Post by rdexter »

Is the pinball league closed? Or can I still join?
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

rdexter wrote:Is the pinball league closed? Or can I still join?

We only need a valid driver's license and active credit card and you should be good to go! :lol:

There is room if you are interested in joining. It is a great way to meet fellow collectors/players and play a large variety of games. There is some driving involved though, as not everyone is in the Madison area. I am hosting the next league night next month and I am in the Johnson Creek area. Lots of guys carpool, and that makes for great conversation as well.

Shoot me a PM if you have serious interest, and I will get you more info.
-Tim
Current Collection