Northeast WI Pinball Tournament Sat. May 31st 2014 Appleton

Detailed Events Forum. All Calendar Entries point back to events in this forum.
Ken

Re: Northeast WI Pinball Tournament Sat. May 31st 2014 Apple

Post by Ken »

Update for Dave B.

Final 4 are playing off now, Tom G, Tim E, Art D, and Chris F. Tim N and Paul O are playing off for 5th and 6th. I took 7th and Eric S took 8th.

Pics later for tmac.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Congrats to those that are kicking butt. GO WI!
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

Thanks all that came. It was a lot of fun and hope everyone enjoyed it.

Top 4 main tournament 1. Tom, 2. Art, 3. Chris F, 4. Tim E

The top 3 in the side tournament 1. Chris Frame, 2. Dan Quella 3. David Daluga

LOTR one ball mini 1. Neo. 2. David D. 3. Eric S.

Huge Thank You's go Chris Matte and Steve Tully. They made the whole tournament a success and without them it would have failed. Big thanks to Stern Pinball for supplying use with some goodies and Art for getting them and bringing them to the tourney. Big thanks also to Hilton who helped me with planning some things out with the tournament, Eric Strangeway for helping me setup and almost braking his back getting my sold pool table out of my basement and my wife for doing all the cooking.

Had some problems with Shadow and TAF early and got replaced by CFTBL and FYG. STLE started acting goofy and awarding Vengence shots and we had to throw the game out of the tourney as it was getting late.

Overall my goal was to have everyone playing during qualifying with little waiting and I think it was somewhat of a success. I hope all had a good time and hope we can do it again next year.

Tom.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

"Overall my goal was to have everyone playing during qualifying with little waiting and I think it was somewhat of a success."

The only delays I saw were due to the cig and other smokers taking a break. This then led to other groups playing on in front of them when they saw the next game open, which then got things out of order. No real way to prevent that.

The event went super smooth from my POV!
Ken

Post by Ken »

I smoked a few cigs but the only time anyone passed us (Tom's group) was when we went to eat lunch. We then got back in front of them when they ate lunch.

I thought it flowed VERY well. 10/10 would do again!
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

Yeah, nothing is ever 100% perfect but went fairly smooth. I do like the rotating games format instead of waiting in line.
I want to try and get to the games that were making trouble. Late in the night Creatures display went out (I was playing it when it happened). I checked it out Monday night and found the f116 fuse was dead. Replaced it, played a few games and everything was fine. I still have to dig into Star Trek. From what I read on pinside, it may simply just be the drop target is not latching properly. From what I read, I may just have to add some washers to make the target more snug. This happened with WPT when I had it. STLE was never an issue before but I wonder with extended play, heat, etc; it started acting up. I'll figure it out one way or another.