Will IFPA do the SCS in 2014?

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
Tmac

Re: Will IFPA do the SCS in 2014?

Post by Tmac »

Memorial Day Weekend (Sunday May 25th) is also Pinball BBQ at Steve Benson's in Burnsville MN. I know that is a bit of a drive and people travel that weekend but I help him out... and those guys are fun.
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

I could probably host a standard tournament at my place the morning/afternoon of Saturday, June 21st before I host league night.-Similar to what Hilton did for Last Chance. I'd probably have to cap it at 16 people due to space limitations, which would probably be fine considering it's Summer and people have busier schedules.

I'm pretty sure Vanessa was planning on leaving town that day anyway along with Theran, which would leave me free to do pinball stuff all day. Let me know what you guys think.
Current Collection: Rick and Morty, JPPrem, TWDLE, SW Pro, Stranger Things Pro, Godzilla Pro, Pulp Fiction, GNRLE, Doctor Who, Eight Ball, Harlem, Stars, Shadow.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

I am in! just tell me how to get on the list ;)

IFPA is OK with a size limit but you have to do like I did for Barry Event where it is first come first served and keep everyone updated as the list fills. The creates transparency to let all know you are not restricting anyone. I would guess 16 slots would fill up quicker than you think. I could not believe how quick the Barry event filled up.
Ken

Post by Ken »

I would also be in for a pinball day at your place Mike. I've already traded my work day for That day so it would work out nice.
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

How does June 7th sound then for a tourney at my place? I would probably limit it to 25-30 people.
I was thinking of a "scramble" type format where you would be placed into group of 3-4 people rotating on 8-10 games. Your scores would count as qualifying towards the tournament. I was thinking top 16 and then play in groups of 4 until their is a winner (similar to WuanaAPin/PAPA). I would also have a side tourney setup.
I was thinking $25 a head. Money would go towards food (lunch, snacks, drinks) trophies & prize money.
Let me know what you guys think.
Tom.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Sounds perfect to me Tom! Heidi says she wants in also if you do it.

$25 is about perfect to help actually cover your costs and get some fun trophies. I also figure that is pretty cheap to play some top notch games and hang out to drink and play pinball with some good folks!

I have found that more money to go deeper with trophies is a good thing. There are not many events and I sure know I would like to win a trophy someday ;) Similarly, I am sure some guys have so many trophies that they do not know what to do with them all.

Heck, Jason W complained that both of his custom forst place trophies from MRP 2013 looked the same and he wanted a second place trophy. LOL

Super excited that more events are happening!!!!!!
Ken

Post by Ken »

That sounds like a Great time Tom. I will put my vacation request in as soon as I get to work Thursday! Upon confirmation that it is a doable day of course.
Methos

Post by Methos »

2014 is going to be a great year for pinball.

Think we can make Tom's and Mike's dates.

:D
RustyLizard

Post by RustyLizard »

Methos wrote:2014 is going to be a great year for pinball.

Seriously, someone needs to start a calendar.
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

RustyLizard wrote:

It is something I am working on with site integration here. The theory behind it is that there is an active calendar, and the details of the event are a clickable link back to the forum topic with all the details.
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

ralphwiggum wrote:
RustyLizard wrote:

It is something I am working on with site integration here. The theory behind it is that there is an active calendar, and the details of the event are a clickable link back to the forum topic with all the details.
super cool
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

How about just a link to a google calendar? Without looking at it, I'm pretty sure it can be setup, and people can add it to their own, but not positive.
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

DeaconBlooze wrote:How about just a link to a google calendar? Without looking at it, I'm pretty sure it can be setup, and people can add it to their own, but not positive.

That was originally what I was looking at doing (it would take like five seconds because the embed code is super easy), but with an integrated php calendar, I can setup some additional features that the Google Calendar won't have. I am "pretty" sure you can grab the ICS from this calendar, so you can drag it into any personal calendar you want.
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune