Will IFPA do the SCS in 2014?

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
Hilton

Will IFPA do the SCS in 2014?

Post by Hilton »

Seems to me like feedback form most states has been very positive. That makes me think they will do it again.

I had a blast and hope it happens again since it gives something feasible to shoot for on a local level.
I think it would also be really cool to have it travel to a new location/ collection in the state every year. Would add some extra incentive to try for the top 16.

Thoughts?

I had mentioned to Tom G that he should offer to host for 2014 ;) What do you say Tom G, would you offer up your sweet collection to the top 16 in 2014 for an end of year capstone?

Anyone else able/wanting to host for 2014? I would offer my place but it really is too tight and I already am doing the Barry fundraiser and will likely do some sort of last chance thing also.
TomGWI

Re: Will IFPA do the SCS in 2014?

Post by TomGWI »

Honestly, I would be honored to host the event or any event. I have been thinking of running a tournament at the house this spring. I wanted to wait until after WI SCS, WuanaPinball and MGC. It all depends on what others think. I certainly wouldn't want to step on any toes so to speak in the community by hosting an event, esp. TomTs as he graciously let us into his place.
Tom.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Sweet!!!!
I'd be happy to lend a help with running it if you did do it. (or happy to just stay the hell out of the way)

I was under the impression that TomT offered his collection since there was nobody else willing or able to host that many people this year? Definitely would not want to offend TomT given that he is now like the godfather of WI SCS :)

Also > you could run an event this spring AND do the 2014 SCS since that would technically be in Feb 2015;)
jpolfer

Post by jpolfer »

I approached Tom Taylor to have the tournament at his location. We would have to ask him if he would be willing to have the tournament at his collection again.

I agree with the idea of having a different host / director next year.

I'm willing to volunteer or help out as a scorekeeper, but not direct next year.

---

Right now I'd say we have have 3 communities, with a fourth starting:

Madison
Milwaukee
SE WI (between Milwaukee and Madison)
Fox Cities

I propose we have the host change rotate per each WI geographic community per year, depending on who offers to run it and what communities are extant.
Ken

Post by Ken »

I'd take a vacation day or 2 to attend a tourney up at Tom G's house. Love that collection!

EDIT: Saw Jon post this ""I propose we have the host change rotate per each WI geographic community per year, depending on who offers to run it and what communities are extant.""

Love the idea but have no idea what extant means. :oops: :D

""SE WI (between Milwaukee and Madison)"" I think he means us Tim :)
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Sounds like a great proposition to rotate both hosts/directors by region of the state. That of course all depends on who is willing/wanting to host/direct. As the SCS being the capstone event of the year, it really is the players tournament from my perspective as it is the point they accumulate and the hosts of every event during the year that play into the SCS.

If Tom G is serious for 2014 then I think that would be perfect for the next one!

I am happy to forego playing in the event (that assumes I even qualify) in order to run the event if anyone wants my services as director. Just let me know. I normally would be fine with playing in an event I also direct but since SCS is the capstone for the entire year it may be best to not compete and also be in control the destiny of others. As we all saw there will be difficult situations that occur at an event like this and probably a good thing that those calls are made by someone that is not playing.

If things continue with my collection how I see it going (making room for 4-5 more currently witht he remodel of the dining room into pinball room #2 ;) ) then there is a good shot I would be able to host the 2015 event if that is the year for Madison region. Although, I can think of much better collections than mine if other Madison guys are willing to open their collections.
jpolfer

Post by jpolfer »

extant - adjective, meaning : in existence : still existing : not destroyed or lost
Ken

Post by Ken »

Thanks Jon. I feel smarter already!

For those who didn't know, IFPA results are posted. Thanks AGAIN to Jon for the heads up!
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

The side event awarded 15.22 pts to the tie at 1st? WOW :shock:

That makes it a huge point scorer for you Ken!
Ken

Post by Ken »

Right! 3 times what I got for playing pinball for 6 hours in the main tourney!
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

Congrats Ken on the First Place tie. I was happy just to take 5th. Would have been cool to have some EMs in the main tourney.

Hilton should the title say "Will IFPA do SCS in 2015"?

I sent an email to Josh about having SCS in 2015 at my place.

I was also in the stages of planning a tournament at my place in May/June. Can anyone recall any tournaments or dates that would conflict with this. Would be nice to have another tournament in WI.

Tom.
RustyLizard

Post by RustyLizard »

I am in the camp that says this should be for WI residents. If the rules don't change that is fine, rules are rules but moving it north may have a positive effect in my opinion.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Tom, I thought technically what we all participated in was the WI SCS for 2013 since it was the capstone for 2013 WI held events?

The next SCS would be held in Feb 2015? but would be the "WI 2014 SCS"

At least that is what understood?
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

TomGWI wrote: I was also in the stages of planning a tournament at my place in May/June. Can anyone recall any tournaments or dates that would conflict with this. Would be nice to have another tournament in WI.

Tom.
May 10th and June 21st are Madison League Nights

May 17th and June 14th appear to be twisted flippers league nights.

I also know there is a private thing going on May 17th that is not IFPA sanctioned.

I do not know of other local weekend conflicts.

May 24th is a holiday weekend so may not be good as I know many travel that weekend.

Appears that June 7th or 28th are good weekends from alocal pinball standpoint
jpolfer

Post by jpolfer »

Hilton wrote:Tom, I thought technically what we all participated in was the WI SCS for 2013 since it was the capstone for 2013 WI held events?

The next SCS would be held in Feb 2015? but would be the "WI 2014 SCS"

At least that is what understood?
Correct. The event on Saturday was the 2013 State Championship. The event in Feb 2015 will be the 2014 State Championship.

---------------

May 16th-18th is a PAPA Circuit event in Lyons, Colorado.

May 18th and 23-25 are IFPA Championships in Lyons.

June 20-22 is the PAPA Circuit event in Atlanta (I'm def. going to this).