February 22nd Line-up & Discussion

DeaconBlooze

Re: February 22nd Line-up & Discussion

Post by DeaconBlooze »

Yeah, I don't know if I'll be able to make it this weekend. I guess at this point it's looking like a no, unfortunately. I'm hoping somehow things will align!
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

DeaconBlooze wrote:Yeah, I don't know if I'll be able to make it this weekend. I guess at this point it's looking like a no, unfortunately. I'm hoping somehow things will align!

Be the good uncle and bring baby beard with you.... never too young for pinball in a baby bjorn...
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

ralphwiggum wrote:
DeaconBlooze wrote:Yeah, I don't know if I'll be able to make it this weekend. I guess at this point it's looking like a no, unfortunately. I'm hoping somehow things will align!

Be the good uncle and bring baby beard with you.... never too young for pinball in a baby bjorn...

Speaking of Baby Bjorn.... here is Adam (my now 6 year old) playing a little pinball with me when he was younger.
Attachments
100_0571.JPG
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
Methos

Post by Methos »

ralphwiggum wrote:
ralphwiggum wrote:

Speaking of Baby Bjorn.... here is Adam (my now 6 year old) playing a little pinball with me when he was younger.
That's awsome!

That's how you earned your mad pinballin' skills huh? Kind of like the reverse of cross fit programs where you run and jump with extra weight on your back...

;)
jpolfer

Post by jpolfer »

I should be there.
tullster

Post by tullster »

Things WERE going smooth...

Some parties got accidentally scheduled this weekend and while the games are there, we can't set them up until Saturday afternoon. THEN they need to be hidden away after League for Sunday (80 year old birthday trumps pinball) and I'll set 'em up Monday morning for the week. The games are safely tucked away back by the pinsetters. It would be neat to play League back there, but it's REALLY noisy!

So, I'll be there Saturday to set up the games about 3pm. If anyone wants to stop by early and help set 'em up, I'd appreciate it. And if anyone wants to be REALLY appreciated... Stick around after League to help me put 'em back.

Sorry for the inconvenience, pass the word, and see you'z Saturday!

Tully
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

I'll help you Tully.

Should I bring my pinball cart?
BigDaddyBanjo

Post by BigDaddyBanjo »

I will come out at 3:00 and help...Garrett
Home Collection : FT, JD,Paragon, POTO, GB, WCS, TWD, WPT, SMVE, BK, HS, Gorgar and Bank Shot.
tullster

Post by tullster »

Thanks guys!

I got the OK from the family, and I'll be there by 3pm for sure. I have my tip cart, tools, level & stuff there, and that's all we should need. I posted a picture on Pinside so you get a feel where they're at. It should be interesting on Saturday when they're bowling!

Yeah, it was one of those WTF moments! I feel bad because I know some folks were looking forward to playing them this weekend, but It is what it is.

You learn something new every year / can never take things for granted / gotta stay 2 steps ahead... And all that stuff!
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

That sucks but at least we can work around it... I'll plan on sticking around late and help break games down after. I can probably stop out early to help setup games as well.

Looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday!
Current Collection: Rick and Morty, JPPrem, TWDLE, SW Pro, Stranger Things Pro, Godzilla Pro, Pulp Fiction, GNRLE, Doctor Who, Eight Ball, Harlem, Stars, Shadow.
MadPinBaller

Post by MadPinBaller »

I'll try to get there early to help - thanks again, Tullster!!
MadPinBaller

Pins: Demolition Man, Baywatch, Vegas, South Park, Fish Tales, Xenon, Dr Dude, Contact
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

Unfortunately I can't make it there early to help setup. What time does it start? I see 6pm on the calendar but the thread still shows 7pm.
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
tullster

Post by tullster »

We debated it a little and as far as I know, guys were OK with 7:00 start.

We'll start getting games into the room at 3pm, and I'm guessing it'll take 1-1/2 hours to get em ready. So I'm guessing pre-party starts about 5pm. After League, 5 of the games will have to go back into the pinsetting room, and 2 of them can go back into their spot in the locker room. Then Monday morning, they all come back out and into the room for the rest of the week (anyone waun-a-help Monday morning about 9-10 am?)

I haven't had the chance to go over LOTR or BBH, but they seem to work fine. A quick cleaning, new flipper & sling rubbers, check the flipper plungers & we should be good to go. I'll go over them in detail next week.

Ought to be a great time!
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

thanks for all the hard work Tully!
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

I'll second Hilton - thanks a lot Tully! Hopefully I can stick around a little bit after to help take down the machines.
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem