League Hosting Tips

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
ralphwiggum

Re: League Hosting Tips

Post by ralphwiggum »

ChrisS wrote:"F" you guys for making league sound so fun. :?

chris

League only sounds good on paper...

For example, we had a stripper that would do anything to any of us at any given time, here is a pic I took at the last league night of her-
Attachments
111007_ugly_woman_shirt.jpg
111007_ugly_woman_shirt.jpg (28.64 KiB) Viewed 897 times
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

And for the record, Kenny is going to be shocked when he sees this pic without his beer goggles on, there is a good chance he will go "Crying Game" in the shower tonight...
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
Ken

Post by Ken »

There is NO WAY that is the same girl that was at league!!! Now if you'll excuse me, I have to bleach my crotch again.
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

Ken wrote:There is NO WAY that is the same girl that was at league!!! Now if you'll excuse me, I have to bleach my crotch again.
I thought you had higher standards. :)
Eric_S

Post by Eric_S »

For the Madison and Milwaukee leagues, do you allow non-league players to attend league night? Can they play games while league night games are being played? What about bringing kids along?
Thanks,
Eric
Ken

Post by Ken »

Guests can and do attend. And yes, they play games which aren't currently being used for league. I think kids are welcome also but will defer that answer to those that have hosted.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

It is up to the host for Madison. I had some non-league people over which I invited when I hosted but they were asked to not play games during league time/ league people got precedence for the 2hrs that league was going on. I will note that it should not be thought of as open invite. I suggest to leave it for the league host to toss it out if they are opening the doors for plus ones and do not assume. Many people (like me) can be slightly stressed if more people than I plan show up.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Hilton wrote:It is up to the host for Madison. I had some non-league people over which I invited when I hosted but they were asked to not play games during league time/ league people got precedence for the 2hrs that league was going on. I will note that it should not be thought of as open invite. I suggest to leave it for the league host to toss it out if they are opening the doors for plus ones and do not assume. Many people (like me) can be slightly stressed if more people than I plan show up.

Your guests disobeyd you then. They were playing the games that were not in use while league was going on. I would NOT invite them back the next time you host! ;)
Ken

Post by Ken »

TomGWI wrote:
Ken wrote:There is NO WAY that is the same girl that was at league!!! Now if you'll excuse me, I have to bleach my crotch again.

Something was much HIGHER that night! Tim always cheaps out when he hosts and gets the ugly girls! I think he pocketed the rest of my $10. :roll:
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Ken wrote:
Hilton wrote:It is up to the host for Madison. I had some non-league people over which I invited when I hosted but they were asked to not play games during league time/ league people got precedence for the 2hrs that league was going on. I will note that it should not be thought of as open invite. I suggest to leave it for the league host to toss it out if they are opening the doors for plus ones and do not assume. Many people (like me) can be slightly stressed if more people than I plan show up.

Your guests disobeyd you then. They were playing the games that were not in use while league was going on. I would NOT invite them back the next time you host! ;)
No, i told them it was OK to screw with you...

I am pretty sure they all got off games when league people needed to play them? They would have likely arm wrestled you to play if there was a problem...
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Ken wrote:
TomGWI wrote:

Something was much HIGHER that night! Tim always cheaps out when he hosts and gets the ugly girls! I think he pocketed the rest of my $10. :roll:

Not true, she was part of the BOGO (Buy one get one). I got the "buy one", and you guys got the "get one".... :lol:

Eric,
It has already been stated, but it really comes down to the host. We try to get a running count of who will be attending ahead of time, so that as a host we can decide how many (if any) +1's we have room for. When I hosted Madison league, there were 16 members and 5 plus ones. We also usually have the plus ones pay into the food pot if they want to eat/drink.

As far as kids go, that is a judgement call. I use some pretty unsavory language during league, language I don't normally use around my kids, so just be prepared for verbal vial, it isn't intentional, but it does happen.
Current Collection