Looking for a project game and information please

Buy, Sell, and Trade Pinball Machines and Parts
max242

Looking for a project game and information please

Post by max242 »

New to the forum and am looking for a project. History - I restored an AbraCadabra game about 15 years ago. It was about 60% broke. Mostly from sitting in someones basement for years, everything had to be torn apart and cleaned. Wonder what it's worth nowadays, I hauled it away in pieces, but cabinet and playing field are good. Granddaughter plays it now. Anyways I just retired and am looking for a project game. I have been gravitating toward EM machines because I understand the wiring diagrams and mechanical side. But I wonder if a better challenge would be a post 70's game. I wonder what kinda of manuals or online help there are to diagnose the electronic games, PC boards etc? Looking for anyone's opinion on that as well as a price range and availability of said type of game. Am I nuts? :) Theme of game is not important, i realize theme can dictate price. I am in SE Wisc. Thanks in advance for your advice. Max
Current Collection Abra Ca Dabra, Space Odyssey, Lethal Weapon 3
PinJohn

Re: Looking for a project game and information please

Post by PinJohn »

Hi Max

If you can fix up an EM you shouldn't have much problem with an Early Solid State game. Depending on the game system aftermarket boards are out there. There are on line guides and forum help available too. Don't be afraid to give it a whirl. Finding the right project at the right price will be the challange. I'd suggest finding a theme you like with a decent to better condition playfield and go from there.

Maybe do another EM while searching for the right solid state game.

Good Luck - have fun. Congratulations on retirement. I have my eye on that milestone though I'm still a handful of years away from that. Enjoy !
max242

Post by max242 »

PinJohn, Thanks for the response. Which site would you recommend I start at to search?
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Projects are becoming scarce. The place that seems to have the most true projects is Ebay.

Other than that, here, Pinside, Craigslist, and I hear Facebook marketplace (I dont use social media).
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

I think Neo has a project Sinbad, unless that's already gone. I would have been all over it, but I have too many projects and too little space.
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
max242

Post by max242 »

Would someone please reach out to Neo. He could email me at max242@yahoo.com with details etc.... Thank you all
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

I believe the Sinbad is already gone.
Our pinball table breeding stock:
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses