Next Year League Questions/Discussion

Hilton

Next Year League Questions/Discussion

Post by Hilton »

Hello all

I have heard that others are interested in joining our league for next year and a good friend/coworker of mine has also shown interested. Gene, the guy that helps out score keeoing at MRP and is also helping out at Wauna this year, said he would like to join for next season (assuming next season will start in Oct 2014).

We are obviously at our limits with 21 people for this year but I wanted to atleast start a list since he asked if it was a possibility for next year.

Tim> do you have a running list of people interested?

Everyone> if we are growing do you think we should have some stipulations on new membership? I think Tully mentioned the idea of active members sponsoring new members?

Other things we should think about?

Growing the league past 21 total?
Last edited by Hilton on Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
noncommittaldave

Re: Next Year League Questions/Discussion

Post by noncommittaldave »

He can take my spot.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

noncommittaldave wrote:He can take my spot.
why?
Ken

Post by Ken »

Hilton wrote:
why?
Because he's noncomittaldave? ;)
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

LOL, well that is technically a commitment, but not the correct one...
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

My spot will most likely be open next year(two years). With child number 3 coming in August, and my wife's work schedule, I will most likely not have the ability to get out of the house on Saturday nights. If the kid ends up being a "sleeper" then my chances are better, but most likely not good. Definitely will play it by ear.

I think capping at 20(-ish) is a safe play. Having 15-17 monthly seems ideal, especially for the hosts. I think we base next years league on this years attendance. While I like the casual feel of the league (with just a touch of competition), not having a spot for someone new because there is a "legacy" player in there wouldn't be fair to the league. It is definitely understood that things are going to come up, but I think it would be better for the league to have a new person in there with 75% attendance rather than an older member in there with 40% attendance.

I think we keep a running list of names here in the members only section, and then when we get to the 9-10 month mark of the league, start putting out feelers to see how it is going to shape up.
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

That is a great idea Tim. I like how you think. Seems fair that attendance should be factored in (Randy you had better start showing up more often ;) ).

I will say that if we are losing some hosts then we also need to be cognizant of that.
I would give weight to anyone that will host over those not wanting to (only need 4 games to host?).

Congrats on #3 BTW! Sorry that you would be bowing out from league though (unless he is a sleeper).

If we are starting a list then put Gene Kopp (non-hosting) on the list.
noncommittaldave

Post by noncommittaldave »

Hilton wrote:
why?
1. my kids activities seem to fall on league night or day
2. i'm in a pinball funk
3. i don't have enough machines to host
4. pinball is not a competitive thing for me
5. I'm a crazy attention seeking whore
6. i'm not ready to commit for next years league 9 months in advance
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

understood.

worth note that no need to commit 9 months in advance (we know you are not capable of that ;) )

I like Tims idea of just keeping a list of people interested in joining and then evaluate around July to see where current members stand and if things will move at all.
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

I agree with Tim as well. I don't think we should expand beyond the 21 that we currently have since hosting more than 15-16 (Avg turnout) could be challenging from some of our homes. It might be good to start a waitlist for the new season and perhaps give higher priority to potential new members that have an ability to host. Tim, I hope you can find a way to continue to play next season but I definitely understand the challenges of balancing life with a newborn :)
Current Collection: Rick and Morty, JPPrem, TWDLE, SW Pro, Stranger Things Pro, Godzilla Pro, Pulp Fiction, GNRLE, Doctor Who, Eight Ball, Harlem, Stars, Shadow.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Side note> I do not have kids so not going to tell anyone what to do but I did mention to a few with new kids that are struggling with sleep about this...

"Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child" is a good book. Worked for my bro with #1 and their daughter sleeps ~12hrs per night (6:30 to 6:30). Granted she was also adopted so they have her on formula (they are super hippes and make theri own stuff form scratch) which helps from keeping her hungry at night. She has been sleeping through the night since ~3months old. When they got her at 1 month she was 2% on the body measurement scales (born 5 weeks early) and at 1 year she is 98% which they attribute to the hippy super formula they use. If anyone is interested and wants teh formula reciepe just let me know. A few work colleagues with prematurely born kids have used it and say it has worked really well for getting the kids to both sleep better and catch up on the growth curve.

sorry for digressing
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

Currently we have Theran on a breast milk only diet but as he gets older and Vanessa goes back to work we may transition in some formula to make things easier on her. I'd be interested in more info on the super hippy formula.-although I heard one of the side effects is a desire to drive a Subaru and play disc golf :lol:
Current Collection: Rick and Morty, JPPrem, TWDLE, SW Pro, Stranger Things Pro, Godzilla Pro, Pulp Fiction, GNRLE, Doctor Who, Eight Ball, Harlem, Stars, Shadow.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

LOL. Funny part is my sister-in-law is about the furthest thing from a hippy (although they do own a subaru).

I have an email with all the info and will forward it to you Mike.
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

Read: Feed drugs to baby.

Got it, I'll let you know how it works out.
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

no drugs, LOL. Not that sort of hippy formula.

It is the whole foods, all natural, super organic, no GMO sort of formula with probiotics and all the stuff we should probably eat more of. All I know is that it works for them. She makes her own whey as part of the process. She seems to really have it down to a science and they are able to make up a few days worth at a time (I guess it only keeps for so long?)