2014 Season dates discussion >official date in thread at top

Hilton

Re: Oct2013-Sept2014 Season dates and IFPA stuff

Post by Hilton »

Feb 22 at Waunabowl 6pm start

March 29 Chris M confirmed 6pm start. Show up as early as 2pm to hang out and practice.

April 26 or 27? >> Lance hosting but date not solidified yet. LANCE PLEASE CONFIRM

May 10 Sean S. confirmed date

June21 Mike S. confirmed date

July 26th Dave B. Confirmed Date

Aug??, Confirmed Pauly B. hosting. Date to be decded later

Sept 15th>>> Confirmed Tim E hosting (Note that based on UW football schedule there is a good shot that MRP will be on this same date?). May need to switch league or possible many people not do league? Tim, can you host a weekend besides MRP (sept 12-13)?

October 4th >>> Todd E Normal 7pm start time.
Last edited by Hilton on Mon May 12, 2014 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ralphwiggum

Re: 2014 Season dates discussion > DATES IN HERE

Post by ralphwiggum »

These dates have been in the "detailed schedule information" and "schedule information" posts as they are posted. Nothing wrong with having a 3rd post, but if members want to find the information in one spot, referring back to the "detailed schedule information" is the quickest/easiest way to get to it.
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
ralphwiggum

Re: Oct2013-Sept2014 Season dates and IFPA stuff

Post by ralphwiggum »

MadPinBaller wrote:As for the April date, so far it looks like folks are favoring Sunday, April27, which makes some sense since April 19 is the Saturday before Easter Sunday, making it tougher to do those non-pinball family things.... ;).
And 4/19 is also an MKE league night, which impacts some folks.

And I think I'll open up the possibility of having it on Saturday, April 26, in the evening. Does Sunday night exclude anyone who could make it Saturday night, 4/26? Or do you generally prefer Saturday night over Sunday, perhaps because of Monday morning _ _ _ _ .... (oops, almost used a dirty 4-letter word that ends in k :lol: ).

As for timing, Christopher says he prefers after 6pm either night. I can appreciate how that helps people get stuff done during the day and reserve the evening for pinball.

So how about a few more comments, especially from those who haven't weighed in, before we set the definite date/time

See ya tomorrow at Tom Taylor's or Chris's in Lake Geneva, and at the WaunaBowl for league Feb 22.

Keep on Flippin!!!! :mrgreen:
My vote is for April 26th....
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
Hilton

Re: 2014 Season dates discussion > DATES IN HERE

Post by Hilton »

ralphwiggum wrote:These dates have been in the "detailed schedule information" and "schedule information" posts as they are posted. Nothing wrong with having a 3rd post, but if members want to find the information in one spot, referring back to the "detailed schedule information" is the quickest/easiest way to get to it.
sorry, I did not realize that date were in there and up to date. I'll change the title
Ken

Re: 2014 Season dates discussion >official date in thread at

Post by Ken »

Alec and I will not be able to make a 6P start on the 22nd. I thought Tully posted a 7P start so I arranged to leave work early to arrive at 7.

Tim, could you pick up Alec for a 6P start?
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Ken wrote:Alec and I will not be able to make a 6P start on the 22nd. I thought Tully posted a 7P start so I arranged to leave work early to arrive at 7.

Tim, could you pick up Alec for a 6P start?
I may have mis thunk? or mis-remembered?

I am sure we can do 7pm start, but for some reason I thought it was earlier due to the combined MKE/MSN leagues both using wauna?
Ken

Post by Ken »

I'm cool with either. So much pinball this year I'll never make it all. Just make whatever I can make.
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it on the 22nd. Paul is having his kid any day now, and that's about the only time the wife and I will be able to go down and look at it.

Paul and I are trying to find a way to get back up here without looking like the world's shittiest dad/uncle.
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
tullster

Post by tullster »

I posted in the other thread that Waun-a-League would start at 7, and that seems to work best. It doesn't matter to me when it starts.

Are the Twisted guys going to come over? I see a discussion on their thread, but no commitment from anyone yet. There will be 7 games set up.

1 1/2 weeks away and I've got some games to finish & tweak! Went down to Pinball Life & Stern yesterday for parts & door prizes, so it's all falling together nicely (so far).

Fun, Fun, Fun!!
noncommittaldave

Post by noncommittaldave »

DeaconBlooze wrote: Paul is having his kid any day now, and that's about the only time the wife and I will be able to go down and look at it.
:lol:
pinball4ever

Post by pinball4ever »

Oct starts new season technically but based on IFPA calander year we can just extend our initial season to end with the calander year. I think Mark has volunteered Oct, but I would also like to see those that have not hosted get in on the mix before repeats. Thoughts?
I'd be happy to host in October. Not sure which date/time works best for everyone yet (since, obviously, no one's probably even thought about it). :lol:

Todd
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

Expo is already announced for October 15-19th
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
pinball4ever

Post by pinball4ever »

Expo is already announced for October 15-19th
Good catch, definitely not that weekend.

How does Saturday, October 4th work for everyone? Normal 7pm start time or I'd be willing to start earlier if it works out better.
MadPinBaller

Post by MadPinBaller »

OK, let's make it final: SATURDAY, APRIL 26, MADISON. 7pm (works best for some).

I'll host at my lady Mary's place, 1805 Lewon Dr (south of Beltline, exit Verona Rd, right on Raymond Rd, right on Lewon)

AS usual, bring your beverage of choice. We'll order pizza and have other goodies. Let's try to start at 7pm.

Hope to have all 6 pins there working well - South Park, Vegas, Xenon, Road Show, Fish Tales, Dr Dude.

GET READY FOR SOME MADCITY FLIPPIN' INSANITY!!!
:mrgreen:
MadPinBaller

Pins: Demolition Man, Baywatch, Vegas, South Park, Fish Tales, Xenon, Dr Dude, Contact
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

A few quick questions on the 4/26 league night. What time does practice start? Also, all participants have been (or should have been!) paying the host $10 each to cover the cost of food & drink that they have been graciously providing. I assume that's still the case? I was just confused about the "bring your beverage of choice", but then again I confuse easily at times. ;)

Thanks - looking forward to this weekend!

- Sean
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem