Deadpool

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
DeaconBlooze

Deadpool

Post by DeaconBlooze »

The signal-to-noise ratio on Pinside is so low it's just way too hard for me to keep up with most days. Maybe we can keep a much more concise thread away from the typical pinside circus. I'm not a big comic book fan, but I'm usually pretty giddy about any new release. Here's the teaser Stern released earlier today:

https://youtu.be/OhH5zQ5kfuo

Dead_flip will be streaming the gameplay (presumably) on 8/15.
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
Chris K

Re: Deadpool

Post by Chris K »

Hey, thanks for posting that! I rarely hit Pinside, so this was news to me!

So we know that it's definitely coming now, and the date we'll see it. Spiffy!

We won't be able to buy it on day one, cause we're moving to a new place now. But we're excited! There's definitely a future slot in our basement if it's cool!
Our pinball table breeding stock:
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
pfcjimmy

Post by pfcjimmy »

https://www.marvel.com/articles/gear/ma ... l-machines

Can't wait to play this one.

Thanks for the link Mike!
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

02d725251011005ed7ad0b34646caa17f0b77b95 (1).jpg
Jimmy's link has short video and good pics (thanks, Jimmy!). Here's the feature matrix.
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
epthegeek

Post by epthegeek »

Will be interesting to see how much difference that Left Orbit -> ramp to right flipper thing on the premium/LE really makes.

Not sure I care about the drop targets, and the disco ball will probably not be that impressive of an effect, so that ramp in the shooter and a couple extra diverters are the big differences, IMHO.

Art looks great on the PF, not so sure about the art on the Premium/LE cabinets but the pictures are kind of crappy so far.

Looking forward to playing one somewhere.
Current pile of ridiculously expensive "beep-boop-bing" boxes: Cactus Canyon, Theatre of Magic, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Metallica (Pro), Iron Man, Spider-Man, Scared Stiff, Iron Maiden, Rick & Morty
pfcjimmy

Post by pfcjimmy »

b8af73d287fecab7f0c485800307af499f02f948.jpg
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

art looks great on this! also very excited to have a game heckle the player again (like old ones did)
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

The artwork is awesome! With every game Zombie Yeti outdoes himself... If only he could do every game but it's great seeing him do 2 back to back with Maiden. The theme and humor should be great as well. Nice to hear that Stern was given a lot of freedom with the license.

The big question mark for me will be how it shoots. It looks like a fun and unique layout but j hope that right ramp is a smooth shot and unlike the Black Widow shot on Avengers. I'm excited to see what Tanio does with his first game as primary coder. Hopefully the rules are solid and fun. Looks like another game where the Pro is the model to get. I'm not seeing a lot to justify the extra cost of Prem and LE (drops and orbit ramp diverter).
Current Collection: Rick and Morty, JPPrem, TWDLE, SW Pro, Stranger Things Pro, Godzilla Pro, Pulp Fiction, GNRLE, Doctor Who, Eight Ball, Harlem, Stars, Shadow.
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

If the disco ball IS bright enough to be impressive, it'll probably also be a blinding risk. :)

The Deadpool-in-hammock in place of the disco ball is pretty cool, actually. Deadpool swinging around in his hammock while you play will be pretty funny.

I really need to see the shooter lane diverter in action before I decide... It turns a left orbit into a katana return, right? Does it do anything from a plunged ball? It sure looks like it could do a WCS-style loop for plunged balls, but there aren't close enough shots yet to figure it out.

The drops are nice... I love drops.

My decision matrix:
1) Super cool diverter, awesome disco effect, and two drop banks? Maybe Premium is worth it. Maybe even LE.
2) Not-so-interesting diverter, OK disco effect, and two drop banks? Pro for sure.

Does anybody know what the matrix's "control gates and one-way gate to control access to the pops" is?

The side art blades are required no matter which table! They look awesome!

There's a bunch of stuff in the LE this time. Mirrored backglass, shaker, fancy glass, higher power speakers, powder coating.

We're trying to downsize a bit, and this is NOT going to help. We're most likely in, it's just a matter of when.
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
epthegeek

Post by epthegeek »

Controlled gates are on the orbit. Pro will always feed the pops because they are one way. Premium/le can bypass the pops in either direction. It’s a pretty big deal.
Current pile of ridiculously expensive "beep-boop-bing" boxes: Cactus Canyon, Theatre of Magic, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Metallica (Pro), Iron Man, Spider-Man, Scared Stiff, Iron Maiden, Rick & Morty
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

Ah, to drop in the top lanes or continue the orbit? Of course, that makes sense. Here I was thinking they had some sort of gate to trap the ball in the pops, which would be something I hadn't seen before.

Thanks!
Jimrad

Post by Jimrad »

pfcjimmy wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:35 am b8af73d287fecab7f0c485800307af499f02f948.jpg
Which one did you buy?
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

PRO for sure!

Seems the biggest bang for the buck.
pfcjimmy

Post by pfcjimmy »

Jimrad wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:19 am
pfcjimmy wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:35 am b8af73d287fecab7f0c485800307af499f02f948.jpg
Which one did you buy?
I went with Guardians Pro.
Want to play both versions before I decide on this one but leaning towards Pro.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

GOTG has turned into a great game with the new code!

Hoping DP comes out with good code to start