FEB. Pin get together? Lake Geneva, WI

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
ralphwiggum

Re: FEB. Pin get together? Lake Geneva, WI

Post by ralphwiggum »

tullster wrote:
epthegeek wrote:I was going to bring some SHASTA to share, but apparently you can't get it in our area (according to their web page anyway). :D
How 'bout 2-liter bottles of FAYGO?!! We could go all ICP on Chris' front lawn!! :twisted:

(I'll be interested to see who "gets it")

Tully, what is it with your enjoyment of bands that wear makeup? :lol: First you have awesome Kiss photos on your walls, and then you are telling us you are a Juggalo?
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

ICP is very entertaining as a sub culture and has many corollaries to the Phish crowd in odd ways.

I am all for some Faygo so long as the party has some hot topless jugalettes... I have wanted to go to the gathering of the juggalos in southern IL just to watch all the amazing freaks ("all the freaky people make the beauty of the world")
tullster

Post by tullster »

I knew a couple of you would get it!

I only saw ICP because GWAR was the backup band! (Boy, now I really sound like a geek!!) One of the weirdest shows I've ever seen. And for the record, I'm not a Juggalo... I'm a card carrying Bohab!! (# 847)

Anyhow, the thought of Chris' multi-colored front yard the next morning..... :lol: I'm sure his neighbors are sorta used to that kind of stuff!! :roll:

Looking forward to seeing everyone in a week!!
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

tullster »
I only saw ICP because GWAR was the backup band! (Boy, now I really sound like a geek!!) One of the weirdest shows I've ever seen. And for the record, I'm not a Juggalo... I'm a card carrying Bohab!! (# 847)

I actually did a couple of ICP show back in the late 90's when I worked for a regional production company in Kansas City.
We had to wrap everything in plastic. The Lighting, the sound gear, Mics.....>EVERYTHING.

Also that day they had a Faygo delivery for their touring truck. 1/2 the semi was filled with 2 liters of Faygo colas by the end of the day.

One of the craziest shows I have seen.

BTW: the neighbors would not be surprised with such activity.

I don't know how I would handle it. I'm dog sitting right now and I hate when the dog goes out in the yard to do its business and disturbs the snow.

chris
Radical, Taxi, RollerGames, Dr. Dude, EATPM, Bad Cats, Diner, Police Force, Riverboat Gambler, Swords of Fury, Cyclone, IMDN, Tommy, GNR, MET Prem, KISS Prem, TRS, AC/DC LE, Rob Zombie, Monopoly, No Good Gofers, Who Dunnit, DemoMan, Scared Stiff, Ghostbusters Prem. Not here: Earthshaker, AC/DC, F-14, HMM. Tech bay: Game Show.
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

Oh. BTW

One last ping. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

chris
Radical, Taxi, RollerGames, Dr. Dude, EATPM, Bad Cats, Diner, Police Force, Riverboat Gambler, Swords of Fury, Cyclone, IMDN, Tommy, GNR, MET Prem, KISS Prem, TRS, AC/DC LE, Rob Zombie, Monopoly, No Good Gofers, Who Dunnit, DemoMan, Scared Stiff, Ghostbusters Prem. Not here: Earthshaker, AC/DC, F-14, HMM. Tech bay: Game Show.
epthegeek

Post by epthegeek »

epthegeek wrote:I was going to bring some SHASTA to share, but apparently you can't get it in our area (according to their web page anyway). :D
FYI - I managed to find some SHASTA locally, so I will be bringing that.
Current pile of ridiculously expensive "beep-boop-bing" boxes: Cactus Canyon, Theatre of Magic, Creature from the Black Lagoon, Metallica (Pro), Iron Man, Spider-Man, Scared Stiff, Iron Maiden, Rick & Morty
tullster

Post by tullster »

ChrisS wrote:tullster »

I actually did a couple of ICP show back in the late 90's when I worked for a regional production company in Kansas City.
We had to wrap everything in plastic. The Lighting, the sound gear, Mics.....>EVERYTHING.

Also that day they had a Faygo delivery for their touring truck. 1/2 the semi was filled with 2 liters of Faygo colas by the end of the day.

One of the craziest shows I have seen.

BTW: the neighbors would not be surprised with such activity.

I don't know how I would handle it. I'm dog sitting right now and I hate when the dog goes out in the yard to do its business and disturbs the snow.

chris

I found the ticket stub! 1998 Eagles Ballroom, 3rd floor... Buddy Holly played there! This was pre-internet (for me anyway) and I had no clue what ICP was about other than they were rappers and must be big to headline over the mighty GWAR :shock: . Lets just say that between GWAR doing their thing, and ICP spraying/drop kicking 2 liter bottles of Faygo into the crowd for the entire show... Things got uhhh... damp. There must have been 150 empty bottles all over the place getting kicked around at the end of the show!

Since I'm driving on Saturday, I'll bring a couple of beers and some Sprecher Root Beer!

See y'all then!

Tully
PaulyB18

Post by PaulyB18 »

Wish I could make it but my wife is about to pop out a baby any day now. Have fun - hope all goes well!
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

tullster wrote: I found the ticket stub! 1998 Eagles Ballroom, 3rd floor... Buddy Holly played there! This was pre-internet (for me anyway) and I had no clue what ICP was about other than they were rappers and must be big to headline over the mighty GWAR :shock: . Lets just say that between GWAR doing their thing, and ICP spraying/drop kicking 2 liter bottles of Faygo into the crowd for the entire show... Things got uhhh... damp. There must have been 150 empty bottles all over the place getting kicked around at the end of the show!

Since I'm driving on Saturday, I'll bring a couple of beers and some Sprecher Root Beer!

See y'all then!

Tully
Ahhhhh the ballroom. I used to be a stagehand there. Many a show was spent running gear up and down the elevators in that place. It was always super creepy first thing in the AM when the lights were still off and it was just daylight streaming in and the heat wasn't turned on for the day.

chris
Eric_S

Post by Eric_S »

Steve,

I was at that ICP concert in 98 back when I was a senior in high school. I didn't realize GWAR was the back up band. I remember being in the mosh pit, covered in soda, and a midget clown being on stage and getting kicked in the head. Fun night.

I haven't listened to ICP in years, I think I was out by the time the Great Milenko came out.

Eric
Methos

Post by Methos »

I have seem many a shows at the formerly Eagles club. My grandfather used to box there back in the 40's. Many memorial nights including a bloke falling off the balconey in the ballroom during the Sex Pistols show and getting paralazied, or at least he couldn't move and the ambulence took him out on a stretcher. Some nut jumped Johnny Rotten on stage during "liar", they stopped the song, kicked the guy out and started another song. I was pissed as liar was my favorite SP song!

We also went to see Extreme in the late 80's and this weird ass band opened up. Turns out their album wasn't even released yet, and the signer comes out with a flower hat on and starts wailing like a banshee. I was 3 feet from the guy. We later found out they were Alice in Chains.

We saw Alice in Chains 2 years later on the DIRT album, this time they played the ballroom upstairs, and for those that were there, it was probabaly one of the best shows have seen and I have seen many. Of course everyone knows what happend to the band after that...
nardmacmke

Post by nardmacmke »

Seen lots of shows at the ballroom being from milwaukee, but one of my favorites that I remember was a Citizen King show. They blocked off most of the room and made a stage near the stairwell coming up. I remember it being super loud and chunks of the ceiling falling down midway through the show!
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

oh the stories I could tell. The old MetalManias they used to have there. Those things were epic. 2 days of METAL!!!!!!!!

chris
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

Party Day! :D
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

Thanks for the awesome party Chris. Wish we could have stayed longer.