Blue Moon Bar: Craft Beer Pinball League, Every 1st & 3rd Wednesday 6:30 PM

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
JimS

Blue Moon Bar: Craft Beer Pinball League, Every 1st & 3rd Wednesday 6:30 PM

Post by JimS »

[4.17.18 update]

Thought I would drop this here for you guys... We have rearranged the upstairs at the Moon, and made room for some Pins!

Currently at the Moon:

*NEW!* Iron Maiden Pro *NEW!*

Batman '66 Premium

Ghostbusters Pro

Guardians of the Galaxy Pro

Star Wars Pro

The Walking Dead Pro

The Addams Family

We are not trying to compete with any of the other activities in town, so don't expect any serious tournament stuff. As an added bonus we have teamed up with Brewery Reps to pile on some fun schwag to give away, as well as your First Beer Free!* :)

Join us every 1st and 3rd Wednesday for some Beer and Pinball. Meet brewery reps, have a beer, and play some pinball in a relaxed setting. Everyone from all skill levels is welcome! Every other week enjoy featured taps and other surprises as we play some silver ball. Starts at 6:30 PM or whenever you show up!

Win beer, schwag, and meet new people!

Dates and Breweries in Attendance!

Season 2:

April 18th: 3 Sheeps

May 2nd: Lagunitas

May 16th: Stone

June 6th: Boulevard

June 20th: Tyranena
Last edited by JimS on Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:58 am, edited 4 times in total.
Ken

Re: Blue Moon Bar: Craft Beer Pinball League, Every 1st & 3rd Wednesday 6PM

Post by Ken »

Having every Wednesday off, I love this schedule!
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

Wow, nice lineup!
Our pinball table breeding stock:
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

congrats on the expansion Jim!

I have my fingers crossed you are putting your amazing BOP 2.0 back out! (please)
QuyN

Post by QuyN »

i'm excited to see pinball show up in so many places around town! Requesting your TZ to be put back out :D
JimS

Post by JimS »

Finally got the 2.0 off its back yesterday. Was able to update the machine name on the dutch server via the web portal, and then load the new code via WiFi. Took less than ten minutes.

Trying to decide if I want to tear it all the way down and put in the Repo playfield or wait a while longer. Probably going to wait a while longer.

The TZ is waiting on a coil...

There is space for two more machines at the moon, but baby steps.

These guys may make an appearance at a thing later this summer...
Attachments
IMG_20170613_130747.jpg
JimS

Post by JimS »

Some swag for league on Wednesday. C'mon out and shoot! Starts at 6 pm!
Attachments
IMG_20170619_221630.jpg
JimS

Re: Blue Moon Bar: Craft Beer Pinball League, Every 1st & 3rd Wednesday 6:30 PM

Post by JimS »

Thanks to everyone that made it out last night! We had a good mix of pinheads, craft beer enthusiests, and regulars... Tim of course crushed everyone. We are going to have to put him on a two drink minimum going forward... We Played a round on each machine and used the scoring for the Bomber Finals which awarded the top player of each group a Cellared Deschutes Bomber. Congrats Luke, Tony, STX, and Jonathan!

We got some good suggestions and are going to tweek a few things moving forward, starting with a 6:30 Start time to allow more people to make it out! We are working with Lagunitas to pull some fun Swag from the Chicago Brewery for our next event on July 5th!

If you made it out and have any pictures I would love to add them to the album! Shoot me a PM!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 6fa16a2ac8

~Jim
Attachments
IMG_20170621_202600.jpg
Tim E

Post by Tim E »

LOL Jim...The free beer is an awesome touch, but lobbying for more would affect my play big time. Games played great, excellent line-up, and a really good showing of players. Fun times!
If you have not tried the burgers at Blue Moon they are a Madison staple. Honestly, one of the best you will have. The food is straight up great.
Good mix between young and old, new and experienced players...
JimS

Post by JimS »

Conscious Carnivore may bring by snacks to this one :) Hope you all can make it!
Attachments
CBPL_Lagunitas.jpg
JimS

Post by JimS »

Congrats Z, Dan, Kate, Dru, and Will on your group wins! Brian from Lagunitas outdid himself and brought some rare beer from his cellar to go along with some delicious Lagunitas Bombers. Never thought we would be playing for Barrel Aged Firestone Walker and Jester King...

Join us in two weeks when we welcome Ballast Point on July 19th @ 6:30 PM! As always, first pint free for those who play! :shock:
Attachments
IMG_20170705_210257.jpg
JimS

Post by JimS »

Next event is Next Wednesday August 2nd, with Good City Brewing out of Milwaulkee. Star Wars is also unboxed and out on the floor... Finally...

We are also doing a LADIES ONLY event with Toppling Goliath and the FEMs (Females Enjoying Microbrews) on August 9th. Same format, but off week. Open to all NON DUDES. 5 bucks gets you a tasting of four Toppling Goliath beers. Two of which are not available to the public prior to our tap takeover for the Great Taste on Friday. Should be a great time. Did I say LADIES ONLY? NO DUDES! :)
Attachments
IMG_20170724_130946.jpg
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

Excuse my Naivete but where is this location. I'm looking for a spot to check out Star Wars.
Radical, Taxi, RollerGames, Dr. Dude, EATPM, Bad Cats, Diner, Police Force, Riverboat Gambler, Swords of Fury, Cyclone, IMDN, Tommy, GNR, MET Prem, KISS Prem, TRS, AC/DC LE, Rob Zombie, Monopoly, No Good Gofers, Who Dunnit, DemoMan, Scared Stiff, Ghostbusters Prem. Not here: Earthshaker, AC/DC, F-14, HMM. Tech bay: Game Show.
JimS

Post by JimS »

Blue Moon Bar
2535 University Ave
Madison WI 53705
pfcjimmy

Post by pfcjimmy »

Looks like Jim brought a TNA and Iron Maiden back from MGC to the Blue Moon. Just in time for this week's tournament on Wed. 8-)