November 9th Lineup and Discussion

Hilton

Re: November 9th Lineup and Discussion

Post by Hilton »

I concur.

Great time last night and your place is amazing Tim.

Everyone should mentally prepare for the opposite side of the game room spectrum next month :oops:
Last edited by Hilton on Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Methos

Post by Methos »

Thanks for hosting Tim - the games played great!
Ken

Post by Ken »

Thanks Tim! As always, a pleasure to hang out in your game room! Alec and I are very appreciative!
tullster

Post by tullster »

I had a great time, with great games & great people! Thanks for having us Tim!
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

Thanks for the hospitality, Tim! I'm pretty sure my wife is starting to wonder why I bring so many singles with me when I leave for "pinball league".
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
rdexter

Post by rdexter »

Tim -

Thank you so much for hosting Saturday night. I had an awesome time! Seriously cool to meet all of you. I wish I could have stayed longer, but needed to rest my feet for yesterday's marathon.

This group is FLIPPIN' FANTASTIC!

Ryan
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the great turnout and kind words. Still have a ways to go on getting everything where I want it, but have a good start on things. Wish I could have played a bit better, but I had a great time regardless.

It was pretty fun hosting league night with a bunch of guys that understand pinball and then turn around the next day to 16 5/6 year olds running from game to game, plunging, starting 4 player games, and then running around outside. It was like high speed ADHD for two straight hours, and both days (while being on opposite ends of the spectrum) were an absolute blast.
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

results reported to IFPA and should be up in a day or two.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Results are already up! :shock: Very fast this time!
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Ken wrote:Results are already up! :shock: Very fast this time!
That was quick!

Martell >> You should go on IFPA and update your name with your email and location. Based on points you got from this month you are probably the Stern rewards winner for biggest mover>> means you can get a NIB for a cheaper price???
Ken

Post by Ken »

Yea! You can get an AC/DC for the bargain basement price of $5999! Plus tax and shipping of course.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Ken wrote:Yea! You can get an AC/DC for the bargain basement price of $5999! Plus tax and shipping of course.
I assume that is the premium?

Is that a good price?
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Hilton wrote:
Ken wrote:Yea! You can get an AC/DC for the bargain basement price of $5999! Plus tax and shipping of course.
I assume that is the premium?

Is that a good price?

It isn't a bad price. It is on par with what you will find if you hit up the various distributors. The onyl way it is a better deal is if Stern allowed pickup to save you the $200 they are going to charge to ship it. When AC/DC was first released, I know a few guys that got them delivered for about 5800.
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
PaulyB18

Post by PaulyB18 »

ralphwiggum wrote:...and then turn around the next day to 16 5/6 year olds running from game to game, plunging, starting 4 player games, and then running around outside. It was like high speed ADHD for two straight hours
Totally get this. My wife runs a in-home daycare and I have taken the kids downstairs a few times and it is nuts. They get amped up running around then its on to the next game. "Look at this, look at this", a swarm of kids go running to see what someone did which is usually a JD Super Game start.

One time Christy let the kids down without me and all the coin door keys ended up in a pile on the floor, of course, they are not labeled... that was fun...

I usually try to ensure my wife is off prior to take PTO on weekdays just for my sanity.
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

PaulyB18 wrote:
ralphwiggum wrote:...and then turn around the next day to 16 5/6 year olds running from game to game, plunging, starting 4 player games, and then running around outside. It was like high speed ADHD for two straight hours

One time Christy let the kids down without me and all the coin door keys ended up in a pile on the floor, of course, they are not labeled... that was fun...

quote]

Oh dear God, that would suck something horrible. How do you not have matched locks yet? :lol:
Current Collection