Off and Running!

ralphwiggum

Off and Running!

Post by ralphwiggum »

GREAT time this past week Mark, I had a BLAST and your family were gracious hosts. Ian looked pretty comfortable on his home turf, but it will be fun to see him play on the visitor's field! :D

We have some additional players that would like to join the league (at least 2, maybe 3 that I know of), and I think we have plenty of room right now to get them in.... If you guys feel differently chime in, but if everyone (including 3 additional players) showed up at once, we would be at 19 (I believe).
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
u2sean

Re: Off and Running!

Post by u2sean »

I think I recall discussions at some point of keeping the league to 20 members, which seemed pretty reasonable knowing that not everyone would likely be able to show up to every event. So that'd be my vote!

I'll second Tim's post, and say that I had a great time at Mark's last week. Lots of machines there to play, and our hosts were awesome! For the kickoff league night, it was a great one for sure.
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

I also had a great time at the kickoff to league!!! Huge thanks to Ian and Mark and family for making it happen!!!!

I like the league at 16 deep for this season. JMHO

I said elsewhere that basically I think more people in league means less chance for some people to host based on #games and space limitation. I am limited in both categories.

I thought it was originally said a host needs at least 4 games. That fits with normal 4 player games as being 16 people for a comfortable league night.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Great event! Thanks again Mark and family!

I think the more the merrier. I don't mind waiting a little longer to play if need be. I also haven't seen an event where everyone shows up so it's never been maxed.
Ran

Post by Ran »

Sounds like I missed an awesome event!
Mark- Sorry I forgot to RSVP and let you know I wouldn't be able to make it this past Saturday.

This was our first weekend without the grandparents around since our son was born.
However I hope to make it to one of the upcoming events in the next month or so - and I really hope to host a gathering this winter.
-Ran
Current Collection
Hobbit LE | Spider-Man | Mousin’ Around | Counterforce
Methos

Post by Methos »

Thanks for everyone who came out - hope some of the games met expectations....know we had a few go down (looking at you Jokerz and STTNG), but Ian, Jenn and I had a great time hosting. The little guy spent a lot of time helping to clean them all and get them up to snuff...He was very proud of having you all over, as you all treat him like just another pin head instead of a 12 year old, which means a lot to him.

Special award goes to Paul for the longest commute! Since it was Saturday and my commute was "zero" I was the one who ended up with drinking most of the beer which was fun while it lasted - but to which I paid for dearly on Sunday.

Was a great time - we can't wait to host again next year some time. As for new members, I'm good with adding up to 20, the original limit I think we had.

And Tim, I wouldn't call that back room evidence of "hoarding" those are just projects waiting for a rainy afternoon... ;)
PaulyB18

Post by PaulyB18 »

Thanks Mark, Ian, Jenn, and family for hosting the first session - Special thanks to Jenn who dealt with us til 1 am ish? Great seeing everyone again!

I'll make sure to bring some singles next time so I can add to Tim's bank.

Had a blast and don't mind driving at all :)