WI State Championship Info Thread

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
jpolfer

Re: WI State Championship Info Thread

Post by jpolfer »

INFO UPDATE

Hope everyone is as excited as I am that the first-ever WI State Pinball Championship is tomorrow!

Weather: We are still go - looking at a 60% chance for 1" or so in the evening hours.

Game List Updates:
Star Trek: TNG (out)
Scared Stiff (in)
Space Station (in)

Woodrail Challenge: Humpty Dumpty (confirmed)
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

jpolfer wrote:INFO UPDATE

Hope everyone is as excited as I am that the first-ever WI State Pinball Championship is tomorrow!

Weather: We are still go - looking at a 60% chance for 1" or so in the evening hours.

Game List Updates:
Star Trek: TNG (out)
Scared Stiff (in)
Space Station (in)

Woodrail Challenge: Humpty Dumpty (confirmed)

Just making sure:
Main tournament is
Scared Stiff
Taxi
Space Station
IJ
TOM
TZ
WCS
Fish Tales
TAF
TOTAN

Correct?
jpolfer

Post by jpolfer »

TomGWI > Yes.

If anyone wants to print out their own commemorative poster (PDF, 11x17), visit this Google Drive link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B89lz6 ... sp=sharing
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

jpolfer wrote:TomGWI > Yes.

If anyone wants to print out their own commemorative poster (PDF, 11x17), visit this Google Drive link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B89lz6 ... sp=sharing
Nice poster. Thanks for the update.
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

Good luck to all those competing. Hope to see you at the house after. Hopefully the weather holds.

chris
Radical, Taxi, RollerGames, Dr. Dude, EATPM, Bad Cats, Diner, Police Force, Riverboat Gambler, Swords of Fury, Cyclone, IMDN, Tommy, GNR, MET Prem, KISS Prem, TRS, AC/DC LE, Rob Zombie, Monopoly, No Good Gofers, Who Dunnit, DemoMan, Scared Stiff, Ghostbusters Prem. Not here: Earthshaker, AC/DC, F-14, HMM. Tech bay: Game Show.
Ken

Post by Ken »

It was great to see everyone at the SCS! Wish I could have talked more but I was so nervous. A big thanks to our hosts who had to make some tough calls. And to our volunteers who were very helpful. I thought the adrenaline rush was over but here I sit wide awake. I hope that everyone who was there today is there again next year and that more WI people make the top 16 next year! I had a great time and it is a memory I will cherish for years to come.
Ken

Post by Ken »

The adrenaline is almost gone...But after waiting for this day for so long, I couldn't let it end quite yet... Sandee and I took 38 GREAT pictures (OK maybe 5 GREAT and 33 pretty good) pictures of the event. Out of respect for Tim N and his graciousness to setup this site for us I will not post them all at this time. I will post some of my favorites though.

Tim, if it's OK to post them all here let me know. If not I will host them on Imgur.com ,or wherever, and link them here.

I ask that anyone who has pics(not that I have to ask), please share them. As the only people (I think) that I didn't get good pics of were Mark and Ian, and everyone at Chris's :?
Attachments
Tried looking at my own camera three times. But didn't get a single pic of me looking at it. In this one, Dennis, Garrett, and Jon were kind enough to get it right!
Tried looking at my own camera three times. But didn't get a single pic of me looking at it. In this one, Dennis, Garrett, and Jon were kind enough to get it right!
Neo Skywalker  stands between the dark sides' Jason W and the camera! Funny, spell check still doesn't recognize Neo or Skywalker as words. Thought at least Skywalker would have been recognized by now :)
Neo Skywalker stands between the dark sides' Jason W and the camera! Funny, spell check still doesn't recognize Neo or Skywalker as words. Thought at least Skywalker would have been recognized by now :)
Volunteer of the year 2013! Competitor of the year 2014?
Volunteer of the year 2013! Competitor of the year 2014?
Ken

Post by Ken »

OK, maybe a couple more. Delete if you need to Tim.
Attachments
The only pic I have of the young man who is going to dominate the WI pinball scene for years to come, Ian. The bastard who put us both out, Chris B. Matt, Michael, other people, and of course, Neo.
The only pic I have of the young man who is going to dominate the WI pinball scene for years to come, Ian. The bastard who put us both out, Chris B. Matt, Michael, other people, and of course, Neo.
My lovely wife who put up with me for many hours this day. My gracious opponent in the first round, Tina (gracious because I played bad and she played worse). And of course......Neo :)
My lovely wife who put up with me for many hours this day. My gracious opponent in the first round, Tina (gracious because I played bad and she played worse). And of course......Neo :)
The goofiness of Chris is OK. But the look of "I'm looking but I'm not" from Dave is my favorite part!
The goofiness of Chris is OK. But the look of "I'm looking but I'm not" from Dave is my favorite part!
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

Thanks TomT, Steve and Jon for putting on the tourney.
Had a lot of fun and was funning seeing and chatting with everyone.
Hope to see everyone at the Wuana-A-Pinball Tournament.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Dennis Nordman was there???? When the hell was that and how did I miss it?

Thanks to the hosts. I had a great time. Of course I am sad to see 2 IL guys walk away with #1 and #2 but very proud of the WI guys for making them sweat it out. We are all getting better quickly and I have to think some of them will think twice about traveling all the way to WI.

Thanks to Tom T. for hosting.

Hopefully we get to try another/ new location/ great collection for 2014 (if it happens). That would be a real treat and incentive to qualify if you get to experience a great new collection each year. I don't want to volunteer for them, but there are a couple guys in the Appleton area with amazing collections that would be spectacular for 2014 SCS ;)
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

Great fun, and good to see everyone! Now I wish I would have stuck around to meet Nordman!

Nice pictures, it looks like you've upgraded your potato.
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Ken wrote:The adrenaline is almost gone...But after waiting for this day for so long, I couldn't let it end quite yet... Sandee and I took 38 GREAT pictures (OK maybe 5 GREAT and 33 pretty good) pictures of the event. Out of respect for Tim N and his graciousness to setup this site for us I will not post them all at this time. I will post some of my favorites though.

Tim, if it's OK to post them all here let me know. If not I will host them on Imgur.com ,or wherever, and link them here.

I ask that anyone who has pics(not that I have to ask), please share them. As the only people (I think) that I didn't get good pics of were Mark and Ian, and everyone at Chris's :?

Unlimited bandwidth and storage... Post away. Seeing the events are half the fun!
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
Methos

Post by Methos »

Congrats to all of the players, and Jason, Chris, Mike, and Ken for the top 4 slots.

As a bystander, I thought it flowed pretty well. Jon and Tully did an outstanding job and thanks to Tom for opening up his collection for the day. Lot of volunteers, lot of games, lot of good people...all in all a very good pinball day.
Ken

Post by Ken »

CRAZY last few days. Some more pics for those of us like Neo who can't remember where we've been.
Attachments
Could Jon have been the one who smelled like weed all day? Nah, impossible!
Could Jon have been the one who smelled like weed all day? Nah, impossible!
Tim E says "If it aint broke, it aint pinball!".
Tim E says "If it aint broke, it aint pinball!".
Warmup time.
Warmup time.
Last edited by Ken on Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ken

Post by Ken »

The gang.
Attachments
...Sean hovering over Mike.
...Sean hovering over Mike.
Mike hovering over Sean...
Mike hovering over Sean...
The one game I kicked ass on all day. Wonder why?
The one game I kicked ass on all day. Wonder why?