WI State Championship Info Thread

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
Ken

Re: WI State Championship Info Thread

Post by Ken »

Hilton, Tom, Ian, Matt, Tim, Sean, Mike, BJ, Dave B, Dave L, Neo, me.

I'd say it has something to do with WI. I know what you mean but that's a GREAT group of wisconsin folks to hang out with for a day of pinball.

I'd go to your "real" WI SCS to hang out with these people and more great WI pinheads!
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

yeah, I agree lots of great guys (don't forget the ones putting in on also, Tully, Jon, Tmac, TomT).

Gonna be a fun day of pinballin!
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

I can't believe it is this Saturday already.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Ugh!! How could I forget our hosts and volunteers!! I'm so ashamed!

Anyone bringing food? Was thinking of bringing a cooler, or just sending Sandee out for food at some point. Thoughts?
jpolfer

Post by jpolfer »

WI State Championship volunteer info messages/emails went out today. Most of them were via Facebook contacts, so I think I've covered everyone at this point. tmac should have a pinsidemail message right now.

If I forgot to send you one or there were technical difficulties, please PM me or send an email to pinballmke@gmail.com so I can send you the details.
jpolfer

Post by jpolfer »

Ken wrote:Ugh!! How could I forget our hosts and volunteers!! I'm so ashamed!

Anyone bringing food? Was thinking of bringing a cooler, or just sending Sandee out for food at some point. Thoughts?
That... was something we hadn't planned out yet. If the tournament goes till 5-6PM, I agree - it would be good to bring in some food. I've never done one of these before (none of us have), so its not entirely clear to me how late it will go.

Steve - any ideas? We could talk about it on Friday otherwise.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Ahh, the uncertainty principle. Sandee and I are going to hit Sammy's Chicago style hotdogs for lunch on our way to the tourney. Near the corner of Greenfield and HWY 100. Opens at 11A if anyone else enjoys that type of food.
Tmac

Post by Tmac »

Serious Question, do I wear my Miller Lite Referee Shirt, People seemed to like it at Pinball BBQ and Last Chance. :lol:
See everyone Saturday and if I don't have a chance to say it to you Saturday... Good Luck!
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

pretty sure it is now a requirement!
Ken

Post by Ken »

Yup. Definitely a requirement now. However, next year you will be competing and not allowed to wear it! :D
tullster

Post by tullster »

The food thing will be up to Tom, and we'll bring it up when Jon & I meet up with him on Friday. Maybe some Pizza? I don't know though, it could complicate things. The big question is... Would Pizza distract and throw off Ken's Pinball Mojo?!! :o Also, I'm headed to Chris' after the Tourney and don't want to be held up cleaning too much.

I'd like to think the Tourney would be done by 6-ish.

I know I'll be having a good breakfast... Sammy's sounds great!!

And YES to the referee shirt! I found my stopwatch and am looking for my whistle. We'll need a flag!
Ken

Post by Ken »

If we are going to be done by 6ish, adrenaline should keep me going. Then grab some food on the way to Chris's place or indulge in the "cheap pizza" (had to look back at his post) he is having. If we do decide to get some food at Tom's I'd like to believe everyone would pitch in and help clean up before leaving. I would.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

my suggestion is that we are all adults (even Ian I think of as an adult) and can feed ourselfs.

Jon and Tully, don't stress over food as you already have enough going on.
jpolfer

Post by jpolfer »

Current forecast is 30% chance for 1" to 3" at the WI championship location, starting in the afternoon.

Right now its still considered a go - I'll follow the weather as we get closer to Saturday. If we're rescheduling or cancelling, an email will be sent out Friday Morning.

If anyone has travel concerns they should contact me or Steve.
nardmacmke

Post by nardmacmke »

Hello fine people.

Saw some discussion about food. Just fyi, on the other side of the building Tom is in, there is a sub shop. Not a chain one, so I can't recall the name at the moment. Also, at the main closest intersection, on cleavland, is a McDonalds. Within a short 5 minute drive is a wendys, taco bell, walgreens, starbucks, and another mcdonalds.

Hope this helps some of those not familiar with the area.