WI State Championship Info Thread

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
Ken

Re: WI State Championship Info Thread

Post by Ken »

No luck involved. You beat me fair and square. And I was just hoping not to play you or Dave so that I could knocked some out of staters out first :)

I think whoever I play it will be a very equal match up. At least I'll get to play a minimum of four games! Not counting all the AWESOME games at Chris's house later that day!

I wonder if we will get to play any of the other games at Tom's once we are knocked out. :?:
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

jpolfer wrote:As of 1/7/2014, WI only has 2 unknown spots left. Both of the players have contacted me, but neither has given me a definite accept/decline response yet.

Once the 16 are identified, more info on WI will be on its way.
What is the hold up? If they have contacted you already, then they should just piss or get off the pot.
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

It would be nice to know now but I guess waiting a few days to see who we matchup with isn't that big of a deal. As of now it looks like I'll be playing BJ, but that could change to Tina or Neo depending on what the final 2 undecideds decide to do. If I get Neo I really hope there is a Shit Tales or IJ to play since I know those are two of his favorites :D
Current Collection: Rick and Morty, JPPrem, TWDLE, SW Pro, Stranger Things Pro, Godzilla Pro, Pulp Fiction, GNRLE, Doctor Who, Eight Ball, Harlem, Stars, Shadow.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Looks like i am playing ian, tim, or matt if I am reading thing correctly?

I can not seem to find the post about the side events, but wanted to know are they unlimited play options?
jpolfer

Post by jpolfer »

Hilton wrote:Looks like i am playing ian, tim, or matt if I am reading thing correctly?

I can not seem to find the post about the side events, but wanted to know are they unlimited play options?
That's still under consideration. I'm leaning toward unlimited play (its for charity!), but Tom gets final say.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

jpolfer wrote:
Hilton wrote:Looks like i am playing ian, tim, or matt if I am reading thing correctly?

That's still under consideration. I'm leaning toward unlimited play (its for charity!), but Tom gets final say.
That would be great as it provides more money for charity and gives something for those knocked out in round 1 to do. I assume that we don't get to just play anything after we get knocked out so a few unlimited side games would be a nice distraction and consolation post loss.
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

jpolfer wrote:

Hey Jon. Thanks for letting me have final say. ;)
Just kidding. I know you meant Tom Taylor. :)
jpolfer

Post by jpolfer »

As of this afternoon, we have accept/decline from all players above the cutoff line. (Jason W.'s acceptance has not yet been posted).

16 players going to WI State Championship
Jason Werdrick
Chris Frame
Ken Kulig
Tom Graf
Mike Sievert
Matt Ennocenti
Chris Basler
Tim Enders
Dave Lund
Ian Seidler
Hilton Jones
Sean Spindler
Neo Skywalker
Tina Curtis
BJ McCarthy
Dave Beimborn
jpolfer

Post by jpolfer »

Here are the games for the championship. Note that this may be subject to change.

Kids For Cancer Charity Challenge:
Gottlieb Rocketship (50s woodrail)
Williams Kickoff (60s EM)
Bally Night Rider (70s SS)

WI Woodrail Challenge:
TBD (possibly Humpty Dumpty?)

Main Tournament:
Twilight Zone
Theatre of Magic
World Cup Soccer '94
Taxi
Fish Tales
Star Trek: The Next Generation
Indiana Jones (the Williams one)
Alt: Addams Family
Alt: Tales of the Arabian Nights
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

Looks like I caught a break. I'll be playing Jason Werdrick instead of Ken "The Legend" Kulig.
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
Ken

Post by Ken »

Do I detect a note of sarcasm?

Some great games in the lineup. With 7 games I anticipate a lot of waiting in the first round. Are the alts used only in case of failure on one of the others?

Jon, will there be refreshments there or do we bring our own?
Last edited by Ken on Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Oops hit the wrong button.
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

Ken wrote:Do I detect a note of sarcasm?
Ken wrote:Jon, will there be refreshments there or do we bring our own?
I think you've just proven my point! I've seen what you can do after a few "refreshments"! I was looking forward to playing you or Tom, I guess we'll just have to play for dollars at Chris's afterwards.
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
jpolfer

Post by jpolfer »

I'm bringing bottled water.

As far as food goes, that's TBD. If I can get some donations, I wouldn't mind bringing in some food for players who are still in by 5PM.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Then I shall bring "bottled water" too :)