For Sale- LEDs

Buy, Sell, and Trade Pinball Machines and Parts
ralphwiggum

Re: LED Deal...

Post by ralphwiggum »

Ken wrote:Would really like to do some experimenting with lights. The Nobling store going to be open this Wednesday, Thursday or Friday after 7p?
For you? Sure....

Right now, Thursday is looking best... Probably after 9pm though.... Don't have the pink and purple in yet, but everything else is here...
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
Ken

Re: For Sale- LEDs

Post by Ken »

Cool. I'll plan on Thursday then. I'll bring my $16 I won at Wauna and re-invest in the pinball world. ;)
PaulyB18

Post by PaulyB18 »

If anyone needs non ghosting roms patched I know a guy...
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Wow guys, already having to place another order from the other order! In the last 5 days, I have had 6 different people contact me with orders over $200 each. Maybe this gaudy LED fad is here to stay... :lol:

Anyways, I talked to the supplier about adding flashers and he can only do one style for me, 906. These will be in cool white only, but the price is insane as well... I can get them for .65 a piece, so I ordered 500 of them if anyone wants to give them a whirl. I don't have them yet, but will report back when I do. They are the exact same ones as these- http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/1 ... dflash.htm

Also, just finished doing a Taxi with an assortment of warm and cool white, with a few yellows, and a minor red, and green sprinkled in as well.
PDR_1638.JPG
Last edited by ralphwiggum on Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
Ken

Post by Ken »

Only purchased a few and still have some tweaking to do (fun playing around and seeing the differences) but I really like the new look!
Attachments
Lots of bright whites when I bought it.
Lots of bright whites when I bought it.
Put some greens in the grass, a couple of blues behind the water, 2 purples up in the top corners, and a yellow behind the trophy.
Put some greens in the grass, a couple of blues behind the water, 2 purples up in the top corners, and a yellow behind the trophy.
BigDaddyBanjo

Post by BigDaddyBanjo »

Ken,

That backglass looks great! I too have gotten the bug. Another order on the way Tim...

Garrett
Home Collection : FT, JD,Paragon, POTO, GB, WCS, TWD, WPT, SMVE, BK, HS, Gorgar and Bank Shot.
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

ralphwiggum wrote:Wow guys, already having to place another order from the other order! In the last 5 days, I have had 6 different people contact me with orders over $200 each. Maybe this gaudy LED fad is here to stay... :lol:

Anyways, I talked to the supplier about adding flashers and he can only do one style for me, 906. These will be in cool white only, but the price is insane as well... I can get them for .65 a piece, so I ordered 500 of them if anyone wants to give them a whirl. I don't have them yet, but will report back when I do. They are the exact same ones as these- http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/1 ... dflash.htm

Also, just finished doing a Taxi with an assortment of warm and cool white, with a few yellows, and a minor red, and green sprinkled in as well...
I would like to try some flashers out. I will order about 50 from you. I sent you a pm.
Tom.
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Just a small update.... I am now able to get the frosted caps for these bulbs. It is DIY, to keep costs down. Each frosted cap is .05. Just a drop of super glue, add it to the bulb, boom, frosted bulbs.
Current Collection
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

So I have a new bulb I am trying out..... If anyone is interested, just let me know.... They are a frosted cap, but they are NOT 5050 SMD. I really like frosted for GI, and backbox, but feel like the frosted (especially in the backbox) are too bright, and cause too much playfield glare when in the backbox with games with a thinner translite. These are rectified for AC and DC so they can be used anywhere without issue.

I only have warm white and cool white, but have them both in bayonet and wedge style.

I will get more pictures (before and after, especially in the backbox) in a bit, but here is what they look like on when I was testing them in TSPP.

Oh yeah, the best part.... $.45 each.
Attachments
IMG_20160206_153252165.jpg
Current Collection
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

Tim,

What do you think of the warm white? I use the CT warm white because i think it's really close in color temp the incandescent bulbs.

Of course pics never look quite right with LED's but these look a bit more yellow. Is that just the pic?
Radical, Taxi, RollerGames, Dr. Dude, EATPM, Bad Cats, Diner, Police Force, Riverboat Gambler, Swords of Fury, Cyclone, IMDN, Tommy, GNR, MET Prem, KISS Prem, TRS, AC/DC LE, Rob Zombie, Monopoly, No Good Gofers, Who Dunnit, DemoMan, Scared Stiff, Ghostbusters Prem. Not here: Earthshaker, AC/DC, F-14, HMM. Tech bay: Game Show.
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

ChrisS wrote:Tim,

What do you think of the warm white? I use the CT warm white because i think it's really close in color temp the incandescent bulbs.

Of course pics never look quite right with LED's but these look a bit more yellow. Is that just the pic?

Most likely because the picture was taken with my phone. I will get a side by side of these bulbs with my other bulbs, CT bulbs, and Comet bulbs so you can see the difference. I thought the warm color looked pretty good, although my favorite warm white is the uncapped ones I have been buying. They have great throw and spread and look great under a variety of inserts (especially yellow and orange, where the yellow and orange LEDs arent bright enough)
Current Collection
lg40

Post by lg40 »

Do you have any pictures of what those Flashers look like. I'm looking to buy. I'm sure what a 906 bulb looks like.
Johnny Mnemonic, Bride of Pinbot 2.0, The Shadow, Police Force, World Cup Soccer, White Water, Judge Dredd, The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

lg40 wrote:Do you have any pictures of what those Flashers look like. I'm looking to buy. I'm sure what a 906 bulb looks like.

I'll be putting them in this Simpsons I am working on, i will post some pics in the next couple of days.
Current Collection
lg40

Post by lg40 »

ralphwiggum wrote:
lg40 wrote:Do you have any pictures of what those Flashers look like. I'm looking to buy. I'm sure what a 906 bulb looks like.

I'll be putting them in this Simpsons I am working on, i will post some pics in the next couple of days.
Thank You.
Johnny Mnemonic, Bride of Pinbot 2.0, The Shadow, Police Force, World Cup Soccer, White Water, Judge Dredd, The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle and Friends
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Here are some comparing color.
Attachments
Mine on sling lower, comet on sling upper, incandescent right lower
Mine on sling lower, comet on sling upper, incandescent right lower
Mine on left, incandescent on right
Mine on left, incandescent on right
Comet on left, mine on right
Comet on left, mine on right
Current Collection