IFPA status of Madcity Flippers League

Hilton

IFPA status of Madcity Flippers League

Post by Hilton »

Just wanted to let everyone know that we should officially be getting IFPA points for each league night????

Since league started with October 2013 and I assume runs till Sept 2014, I will be reporting each months results to IFPA so they can award points on a monthly basis. We will still determine league winner by accumulated points for the full 12 months but that is an internal thing. Also allows people to still get some IFPA points each month.

League is treated like a periodic event. This means that each night is worth a base value of approximately 2.08 points (25 points spread over the next 12 months). This will help those people out that are interested in the state championship series which is based on yearly points of events IN the state. For example, since Ian won the Oct league night he should be awarded ~2.08 points for his first place finish. Points awarded typically drop off very quickly so 2nd place last night will probably get .5 points (just a wild guess). I report where all 16 people in league finish for each months event.

I figure we will just report each night individually to IFPA. If Ian keeps dominating then there is a good chance he will be top 16 in WI by next month :)

IFPA does have a stipulation that dates be provided at least 30 days prior to when competition occurs. I have provided Nov and Dec dates, but this should be incentive for us to get a few more months booked out.

LMK if anyone has any questions/concerns.

I had a blast last night and am already looking forward to next months event!
Hilton

Re: IFPA status of Madcity Flippers League

Post by Hilton »

looks like Oct is up

http://www.ifpapinball.com/view_tournam ... 08#results

I think they must have made an error and considered it a quarterly event instead of monthly.

I am sure points will get adjusted down after I let Josh know of the error.

Bascially take what is says and devide by 3 to see real points awarded for Oct
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Cool! Thanks for doing this!
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
Methos

Post by Methos »

Thanks for sending this info in Hilton.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

no worries. 1 more league night or event and Ian will be solidified in the top 16!

Keep in mind that a bunch from the top 16 will likely be committing to their home state. We should all be rooting for Art Dodd and Joe Katz to do well in Expo flip out as they are both on the IL bubble. Current WI standings...

http://www.ifpapinball.com/ranking_view.php?id=51
Methos

Post by Methos »

I am guessing that with Expo and the other tournatments going on in the state the next few weeks - there will be much shifting in the state ranking - but sitting at 18th is pretty good for him. If he makes that would be a great opportunity for him, and if not - maybe next year.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Methos wrote:I am guessing that with Expo and the other tournatments going on in the state the next few weeks - there will be much shifting in the state ranking - but sitting at 18th is pretty good for him. If he makes that would be a great opportunity for him, and if not - maybe next year.

Yeah, There will be some shifting around, but honestly the best thing for all WI people would be if guys like Art and Joe qualify for IL and then decide to participate in IL. Then everything shifts down till WI gets 16 committed players.

I think Ian has a really good shot of making it!