Madison Pinball Eastside location: Pooley's

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
Ken

Re: New Location in Madison! need your feedback pls

Post by Ken »

Thanks buddy. She asked me to do a review after Wauna but I never got around to it.

Not sure the zine could handle a review of MRP. So many good things to say that it would be a long article. Talked with a bunch of the Milwaukee crew last Wednesday at Uptowner and a bunch made it in and even more did not. I have a feeling MRP is not done growing. :D
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Yeah, I am not sure what we will do to get more people in the door for MRP. I really like the current format and this year has me worried that it may already be a "TOO long" of a day....

We shall see how it goes and adjust for next year.
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

Really nice write-up Ken. thanks. It's definitely fun going to the Pooley's tournament each month and seeing what new (and old) faces show up. I'm excited for where competitive pinball is heading in WI!
Current Collection: Rick and Morty, JPPrem, TWDLE, SW Pro, Stranger Things Pro, Godzilla Pro, Pulp Fiction, GNRLE, Doctor Who, Eight Ball, Harlem, Stars, Shadow.
pinball4ever

Post by pinball4ever »

Great write up Ken! Nice transition from the Madison league to games on location. Hope to see it in print soon!

Todd
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

Great job, Ken! I think we can all agree that there's definitely been a resurgence in popularity of pinball over the past 2 years. It's been really exciting to watch events pop up all over the state (4 leagues, monthly and annual tournaments, first ever WI State Championship, etc....) and I'm certainly looking forward to what happens in the near future.
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
Ken

Post by Ken »

Thanks for the kind words. Was a bit nervous.

Kinda bummed I have to work til 7 for the next Pooley's tourney, but with MRP that week I guess it won't be so bad. Probably drop by tonight though and see if I can't nudge Ryan down a spot on at least one game. ;)
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Ken wrote:Thanks for the kind words. Was a bit nervous.

Kinda bummed I have to work til 7 for the next Pooley's tourney, but with MRP that week I guess it won't be so bad. Probably drop by tonight though and see if I can't nudge Ryan down a spot on at least one game. ;)

I will be in after work tonight to make some adjustments to RG. I need to put some washers under left side of wall ramp to keep the ball from slowing down on a weak shot and stopping at the flat spot between the 1st and second diverter. Thing is a real PITA for me the past few days. I keep thinking I have it licked but keeps happening once in a while >> the suck thing it that it is the worst possible spot to reach and no pull out rails for that game.
Tim E

Post by Tim E »

Great job on the write-up Ken! Only problem is you forgot one of the highest ranked players in the state and the guy does voices for pinball machines...Ken K!!!! :D
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Hilton wrote:
Ken wrote:Thanks for the kind words. Was a bit nervous.

I will be in after work tonight to make some adjustments to RG. I need to put some washers under left side of wall ramp to keep the ball from slowing down on a weak shot and stopping at the flat spot between the 1st and second diverter. Thing is a real PITA for me the past few days. I keep thinking I have it licked but keeps happening once in a while >> the suck thing it that it is the worst possible spot to reach and no pull out rails for that game.
Spent about 2 hours tweaking RG. I could not get it to hang up anymore. I am sure it will do it again but it seems to be much less prone to it now.
Ran

Post by Ran »

What a great article, Floyd!
;)

But seriously, nice job.
You got skills!
And you're pretty good at pinball, too.
-Ran
Current Collection
Hobbit LE | Spider-Man | Mousin’ Around | Counterforce
Ken

Post by Ken »

Pooley's was a blast tonight. Highlight of the night was playing a split flipper game with Tim on TAF and getting 160,000,000!! Great times!
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Went over on lunch break to futz with RollerGames again. I think I have it tweaked so no more stuck balls at the top of the ramp bwteen the 2 out holes. Fingers crossed and it is seriously a poor design.

If the ball gets stuck again (it will I am sure) it should be nudgeable with out tilting out as I have bent the switch up there so it is right at the edge of registering but still gives as little resistance as possible. Mental note when designing pinball machines >> do NOT make flat level spots that are perpendicuar to the playfield, esp with a switch at that exact point to slow down an already slow moving ball... I thought Steve was supposed to be the king ;)

I appologize in advance if a ball gets stuck for anyone else.

Next steps will involve a heat gun and the ramp... :)
Ken

Post by Ken »

So I assume that ST has the new code already right? 8-)

Looking forward to going up there and playing. Virtual kickback! WOO HOO!
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Code will likely be updated today at some point. I will be sure to post as soon as it is.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Was just kidding considering it's a holiday weekend. Won't be able to make it up there til Wednesday thanks to crazy work schedule. The good news is it's the last week of crazy. Maybe with new rules someone can finally come close to that GC you put up. :)