MGC

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
Ken

MGC

Post by Ken »

So the MGC comes and this board just dies. :)

Was really good to see everyone! Almost wish you guys weren't so nice. Then maybe I could have played more pinball instead of talking all weekend. :oops:

A huge THANK YOU to Tim Nobling for sharing his Saturday and Sunday passes with me! Very generous of you! I'm lucky to have you as a friend no matter what Mark says. :D
jpolfer

Re: MGC

Post by jpolfer »

I'm glad it 'died' temporarily. It means that we as a community value face-to-face when we have the opportunity. I think its healthy.

BTW - missed you last night Ken. We had a different crowd - 40% were new players at Fink's last night.
Ken

Post by Ken »

jpolfer wrote:I'm glad it 'died' temporarily. It means that we as a community value face-to-face when we have the opportunity. I think its healthy.

BTW - missed you last night Ken. We had a different crowd - 40% were new players at Fink's last night.
Agree on the face to face. Was the best weekend I've had in a long time.

Good to "see" new blood at Fink's. Unfortunately I will not be able to attend for a few months as I now work Mondays at 7P. Might be able to make a few of the Uptowner events but not this week :(

If anyone does not visit Pinside and would like to see MGC pics, let me know and I will post them here.
RustyLizard

Post by RustyLizard »

Best show ever. Never got to talk to you much Ken but I think we said Hi 20 times.
Ken

Post by Ken »

RustyLizard wrote:Best show ever. Never got to talk to you much Ken but I think we said Hi 20 times.
I know. That was my fault. Seemed like everytime I saw you I was looking for my boys. I will make a better effort to get to know you at Tom's tourney!! Really looking forward to that. A tourney with more than 3 games. :twisted:
BigDaddyBanjo

Post by BigDaddyBanjo »

I agree, it was the best MGC yet! Thanks to everyone that makes that weekend happen!
Home Collection : FT, JD,Paragon, POTO, GB, WCS, TWD, WPT, SMVE, BK, HS, Gorgar and Bank Shot.
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Yeah, this is my 6th MGC, and I can't recall another one even as close to great as this one. Sorry to a lot of guys on here I really enjoy hanging out with, the whole night was just kind of a blur. Just so many people, and so many machines, I just felt like it was organized chaos in the most extreme fun way possible.

I want to give a HUGE thanks to the Beard Brothers and Mark S. for handling the Simpsons sale and getting new blood into the hobby. the buyer was a first time buyer, and wanted to pickup Simpsons first thing Sunday morning. I couldn't make it back out to the show until 5-6pm, so Mark and the Beard brothers showed the buyer how to break the machine down, supplied the materials, and got him all loaded up. It was just an amazing thing when friends you trust are able to handle large amounts of cash on your behalf, and also help bring new people into the hobby. (The buyer was very appreciative as well guys).
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

What a blast! No problem on helping with that sale, Tim (Mark and Paul were a huge help), I think every one in the hobby owes you one.

I didn't get home until 930 or so, but I know some were there much later. This was my favorite show ever. I really hope there's an MGC next year with a similar setup. I grew up playing video games, so part of me kind of wishes I wasn't so dedicated to pinball so I could spend a bit more time checking out all the gaming stuff. Even focusing only on pinball, I still feel like I missed a lot of the pin stuff. I usually look forward to Expo at this point.. but that doesn't carry the same excitement as it used to.
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

I agree on all points being made and wish I would have had more than 1 day to check it all out as well as see/talk to everyone. The couple of years preceding this one I didn't enjoy the gaming hall on Saturday because it was just too packed and noisy to have much fun. And I thought the tournament was much more enjoyable (even though I couldn't make it Sunday) being a non pump-n-dump style tourney. Out of the 7 or so years I've been to MGC this one was hands down the best! I think MGC has far surpassed Expo at least to me. The best part about Expo is that they have more parts vendors and Marco brings lots of new Stern machines, but other than that I could take it or leave it... I'm actually somewhat tempted to just skip Expo and head to Terry's party this year as that's a lot more fun (and has better playing games) than Expo.
Current Collection: Rick and Morty, JPPrem, TWDLE, SW Pro, Stranger Things Pro, Godzilla Pro, Pulp Fiction, GNRLE, Doctor Who, Eight Ball, Harlem, Stars, Shadow.
MadPinBaller

Post by MadPinBaller »

I've been to all but one, and this was Definitely the BEST EVER MGC! With moving the arcade into the big room, better controls on who got in, and a record number of pins and arcades, it was perfect.

I very much appreciated the 10-entry tournament limit. It helps even the playing field, taking away the advantage for those who can spend unlimited amounts to boost their scores and letting more folks enter. Let's say it evens the playing field - everyone gets the same chances to show their talents and win. Yes, this would mean less tourney income, but I feel the fairness factor beats that out. I know, with pinball you can have great games, even great days in the groove, or just fall flat. At least with a tourney at MGC you can "rev up" by playing in the arcade.

And yes, MGC is starting to rival Expo for pin fun. Been to Expo 15 times and really like the workshops, Stern tour, pinball greats, and definitely the vendors. But sure is fantastic to have our own major pin event!!!
MadPinBaller

Pins: Demolition Man, Baywatch, Vegas, South Park, Fish Tales, Xenon, Dr Dude, Contact