Wisconsin State Journal article on what else Pinball!

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
Tmac

Wisconsin State Journal article on what else Pinball!

Post by Tmac »

Last week (Wednesday Night) the WSJ came to the Waun-A-Bowl to see what is all the hype over a Pinball Tournament. They collected stories, info on Leagues, MGC, Mad Rollin' and pictures. You can find the article at

http://host.madison.com/news/local/colu ... 126c3.html

http://host.madison.com/gallery/news/lo ... 0cd.html#3
Hilton

Re: Wisconsin State Journal article on what else Pinball!

Post by Hilton »

cool article and nice to see we got the Tully is the godfather of pinball quote in there!!!!

LOL, love it. I think the nickname is official now!

It was also nice of them to get the plug for MRP and games going in Pooley's
Methos

Post by Methos »

Usually with the press, if they get your name right - that's half the battle.

This article was great in every way and presented our hobby and passion not as some quirky subculture that is presented for sacraficial ridicule, but as a positive endeavor. Great job on those who contributed.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Methos wrote:Usually with the press, if they get your name right - that's half the battle.

This article was great in every way and presented our hobby and passion not as some quirky subculture that is presented for sacraficial ridicule, but as a positive endeavor. Great job on those who contributed.

+1 on both counts.
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

Ken wrote:
Methos wrote:Usually with the press, if they get your name right - that's half the battle.

+1 on both counts.

+2 The reporter seemed to get all the details right and portrayed our small but growing hobby in a positive way. I'll have to print out a copy for Theran's scrapbook since he's in the background of one of the pics :)
Current Collection: Rick and Morty, JPPrem, TWDLE, SW Pro, Stranger Things Pro, Godzilla Pro, Pulp Fiction, GNRLE, Doctor Who, Eight Ball, Harlem, Stars, Shadow.
cad-kid

Post by cad-kid »

Great article :D
Thanks for posting it.
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

Pretty funny that the 3 seconds that they show me playing BBH that I happen to Tilt the game during the video portion of the story :)
Current Collection: Rick and Morty, JPPrem, TWDLE, SW Pro, Stranger Things Pro, Godzilla Pro, Pulp Fiction, GNRLE, Doctor Who, Eight Ball, Harlem, Stars, Shadow.
Ran

Post by Ran »

MikeS wrote:Pretty funny that the 3 seconds that they show me playing BBH that I happen to Tilt the game during the video portion of the story :)
I'm pretty sure you guys who tilt games often are probably listening to too much hardcore rap music.
Current Collection
Hobbit LE | Spider-Man | Mousin’ Around | Counterforce
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

Hey Tully >> wanted to post here cause I am not sure how often you check email. The morning news from MKE emailed today and they want to have you on the air someday this week to talk pinball. I am guessing they got my contact since it is on IFPA for reporting league results?

Let me know if you need anything, Have fun!
tullster

Post by tullster »

Thanks for the heads up Hilton. I was hoping my 15 minutes of fame was up and life could get back to normal!
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

tullster wrote:Thanks for the heads up Hilton. I was hoping my 15 minutes of fame was up and life could get back to normal!

In due time... Right now just focus on making the circuit, kissing babies, and signing autographs. :D
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
RustyLizard

Post by RustyLizard »

My brother sent me a picture of the paper with this article this morning. He lives in Wausau and his neighbor knew he had two old pinball machines so he gave it to my brother to read. People are seeing this. Good news. :)
Tmac

Post by Tmac »

RustyLizard wrote:My brother sent me a picture of the paper with this article this morning. He lives in Wausau and his neighbor knew he had two old pinball machines so he gave it to my brother to read. People are seeing this. Good news. :)

Been over a week and still getting calls at the Waun-A-Bowl about Pinball. Also my patrons telling me they saw the article or saw the news. I guess us Wisconsinites are now Ambassadors for the Pinball Hobby! Make sure TMZ is not following you. ;)
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

Tmac wrote:
RustyLizard wrote:My brother sent me a picture of the paper with this article this morning. He lives in Wausau and his neighbor knew he had two old pinball machines so he gave it to my brother to read. People are seeing this. Good news. :)

Been over a week and still getting calls at the Waun-A-Bowl about Pinball. Also my patrons telling me they saw the article or saw the news. I guess us Wisconsinites are now Ambassadors for the Pinball Hobby! Make sure TMZ is not following you. ;)

Very cool.