2020 Mad, Mad, Mad Tourney Postponed

Detailed Events Forum. All Calendar Entries point back to events in this forum.
tullster

2020 Mad, Mad, Mad Tourney Postponed

Post by tullster »

After much thought, and due to some scheduling conflicts, I've decided to put the Mad, Mad, Mad Pinball Tournament on hold for 2020.  I'll be considering a re-boot in 2021.
In the meantime, thanks for the support and participating in all the Pinball Tournaments the area has to offer.
Special Thanks to all who volunteered and participated in the 9 years this Tournament has existed. It's been a fun event that I've looked forward to every year and I'm honored to hear that this was the event that helped kickstart Competitive Pinball in the area. Things have really changed since that first Tournament in 2011 when we used post-it notes on a grid for qualifying!!
See you all out there playing Pinball!!
Thanks again, Steve Tully
TheDru

Re: 2020 Mad, Mad, Mad Tourney Postponed

Post by TheDru »

Tullster:
I know this decision has probably weighed heavily on you and I'm sure you went back and forth a lot over the last 9 months.
I just want you to know that I, personally, don't think of this as an end, but as a time to reflect on ALL the great memories and friends I've gained since that first tourney way back when. WE THANK YOU for planting the seed to what has become an overwhelming garden of competitive pinball in Southern Wisconsin.
In my mind, the only thing left to do now is to call you up and play some one on one so you can enjoy the game as well......something you haven't been able to do in the last 9 years.......you deserve it!
Thanks for everything Godfather.
We will get together soon!
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

I can't say it any better so I will echo the Dru (and ask to be invited for the pinball fun also)

Thanks for everything Tully!

Looking forward to when Mad, Mad, Mad comes back in the future!
Much like MRP, it is just on Hiatus.
tullster

Post by tullster »

Whoa Dru, Slow down man! But I do appreciate the kind words, but you're scarin' me!! For those who don't know, I've known Dru, Stx, and a few others since the mid-90's when Modern Specialties ran a Tavern Pinball League for about 3 years in Madison. Good Times!!!

It didn't weigh too heavily, believe me! It became just a matter of being able to do it on certain weekends within a certain timeframe. Add in other events in my schedule (all good) and a desire to change the format in the time required, led me to pull the plug for now. I'm going to just take some time to re-evaluate options to see if I can come up with something interesting.

The first Waun-a-Tourney in early 2011 just kind of fell together because there was an interest in doing something that hadn't been done in a while. It brought a bunch of great people together and spawned a new interest in Pinball in the area. Mad Rollin' followed, then Leagues, and before you knew it, there are multiple Pinball Tournaments to attend every month. Thanks again to all who were a part of it!

In the meantime, I'll make more of an effort to get out there to some of the monthly Tourneys, get up to TitleTown, etc. and keep playin' and enjoying Pinball!

Tully
Methos

Post by Methos »

I think it was the 2nd Wauna Tournament that Ian and I first played at and met everyone in the area. We happened to see a flyer I think somewhere.

Thanks Tully - can't say enough how much fun we had at all of them.
Methos

Post by Methos »

And thanks to all those who helped!
u2sean

Post by u2sean »

This was the first tourney when Garrett and I saw a poster somewhere and decided to stop out - fashionably late of course. I had no idea we couldn't get 5 games of pinball played in the remaining 2 hours! This is where we first met Tully, Mike S, Maya, the beard bros, and a lots of others. Only up from there! Huge thanks to Tully for launching this scene. Enjoy the break, you've certainly earned it. Look forward to playing some pin with you in near future!

- Sean
Tron, Shadow, Shrek, STTNG, TZ, Dimension, TNA, AFMr, Neptune, R&M, Godzilla Prem, King of Diamonds, S&S, Dialed In! LE, Bank Shot, IJ, Scooby CE, ST Prem
Eric_S

Post by Eric_S »

Waunabowl was the first tournament I played in outside of MGC. I still remember blowing it on DE Star Wars. Here are the results:

http://www.ifpapinball.com/tournaments/view.php?t=2463