Rumor mill - upcoming games

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
Chris K

Re: Rumor mill - upcoming games

Post by Chris K »

You're right on Zeppelin. They're very dismissive of the band being used for anything at all. It's a million-to-one shot. Only way we're getting Zeppelin on a pinball table is with sound replacements or a custom pin.

I don't get Munsters either. Someone at Stern must be a big fan if that's not just an in-joke. In fact, if I were Gary Stern and I wanted to sniff out who's leaking, I'd tell one guy I'm making a Munsters table. :)

Same with Jaws. Nice move, there are some superfans, and it could be an interesting design. But how is Jaws going to drive any kind of real sales?

I'm in for Deadpool, 90% sure. I'd be in on an Elvira if it were better than Scared Stiff... which is highly unlikely. Beatles is a possibility (and I'm a big Beatles fan), but I expect it would be "Super LE" pricing.

I'm still mad Iron Maiden wasn't Archer, cause I'd have an LE right now. Heck, if they retheme the table and launch it with an identical design I'm still in.
Our pinball table breeding stock:
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
ChrisS

Post by ChrisS »

DeaconBlooze wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:50 pm
ralphwiggum wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:38 pm
ChrisS wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:30 am I heard Stern is working on a Motley Crue Pin next.
Didnt Williams already do Motley Crue?
So did Gottlieb.
Rock plays Like you went to see a steelheart show.
Radical, Taxi, RollerGames, Dr. Dude, EATPM, Bad Cats, Diner, Police Force, Riverboat Gambler, Swords of Fury, Cyclone, IMDN, Tommy, GNR, MET Prem, KISS Prem, TRS, AC/DC LE, Rob Zombie, Monopoly, No Good Gofers, Who Dunnit, DemoMan, Scared Stiff, Ghostbusters Prem. Not here: Earthshaker, AC/DC, F-14, HMM. Tech bay: Game Show.
Methos

Post by Methos »

Tim E wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:31 pm Hate to say it, but Zep is just a dream theme. The band licenses very little to nothing at this point. They do not need the money either. Any game Elwin does is going to be stellar. i.e....Jaws, Pulp Fiction, other...I think either theme would be an incredible Pin with
I agree. Zep does very little with their brand. I really can't see Robert Plant thinking a pinball game would be a great idea.

I don't care about themes as much as others do. I just want a fun game to play that has an attractive art package.
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

Eric_S wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:08 pm
TomGWI wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:47 pm Is Led Zeppelin for real? I would be all over that theme.
Did you mean Dread Zepplin?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CO7FPU7a2g
:lol:
DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

ralphwiggum wrote: Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:58 pm Are the Beatles and Munsters that Kaminkow outfit subbed out to Stern?
Is that "Kapow"? Can someone explain what that actually is? I see people mentioning that name, but I'm not sure what role they have.
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

I get the impression that Ka-Pow is a sub contractor type deal.

Joe K uses his expertise to grab licenses for bigger names (BM66) and then does a bunch of the behind the scenes work to get it all packaged together.

Sounds like Beatles and Possibly Munsters and likely Elvira 3 are all part of the Ka-Pow deal.

What does this really mean??? I assume it means super LE stuff and higher priced games like BM66 but also likley more liberal use of the license to actually integrate into the game.
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

Did anyone manage to see the Munsters pics that were briefly up on Pinside this morning? I missed them but it sounds like they included at least the cabinet artwork for the various models
Current Collection: Rick and Morty, JPPrem, TWDLE, SW Pro, Foo Fighters Pro, Godzilla Pro, GNRLE, Alien Star, Space Invaders, Harlem, Stars, Shadow.
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

MikeS wrote: Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:47 am Did anyone manage to see the Munsters pics that were briefly up on Pinside this morning? I missed them but it sounds like they included at least the cabinet artwork for the various models
Someone was nice enough to share them with me so I figured I'd share them as well. The Premium would be my preference of the two but it's not a theme that resonates for me. Would be disappointing if they don't end up doing a Pro.
Attachments
photo.jpg
photo(1).jpg
Current Collection: Rick and Morty, JPPrem, TWDLE, SW Pro, Foo Fighters Pro, Godzilla Pro, GNRLE, Alien Star, Space Invaders, Harlem, Stars, Shadow.
20eyes

Post by 20eyes »

Backglass looks an awful lot like the artwork for this set of munsters toys.

DeaconBlooze

Post by DeaconBlooze »

Reviving this since I can't seem to keep things straight, and for some reason I still get excited even though there's a practically 0 chance I'll buy a new game any time soon..

So now that the SW home pin was announced, what's next? It seems the next "cornerstone" game is expected pretty shortly (within weeks?).
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
NoahK

Post by NoahK »

It sounds like people are expecting Stern to announce Jurassic World next, though I am still hoping for Jaws, and then Elvira 3 in the fall probably around or at Expo.
The Hobbit, Alien Poker, DE Star Wars, Heavy Metal Meltdown, Total Nuclear Annihilation, Rick and Morty
Jimrad

Post by Jimrad »

Jaws is coming soon
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

Jimrad wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:09 am Jaws is coming soon
If they even do it, must be 2020?
Pinballs - MMr, MBr, TNA, CCr, Multimorphic P3, Metpro, Playball, Sopranos
northvibe

Post by northvibe »

If Stern keeps up on their past releases. We should see a new game at CES. But some think they will drop 1 game before the end of year still. I don't think they will....
Pinballs - MMr, MBr, TNA, CCr, Multimorphic P3, Metpro, Playball, Sopranos