WTB Blue Chip or 1970s Similar

Buy, Sell, and Trade Pinball Machines and Parts
Doc4421

WTB Blue Chip or 1970s Similar

Post by Doc4421 »

Folks,

I'm new to this, in that I've only had one machine and it turned out to be a major lemon (Escape from the Lost World broke almost every time I played it and it cost hundreds each time to repair). I'm looking to get an older machine this time (1970-ish) and I remember a Blue Chip machine was one at the local bar my grandmother's husband used to take me to when I was like 6. (It's Wisconsin, so that's normal...) There was also a "Pool Shark" game or something similar. Anything of that vintage that's in good, playable condition. I'm not as freaked out about the cabinet conditions or the paint on the back glass. I also don't need something so super rare that it costs $3,000 and only 10 were made or something. I just want it to work so my kid and I can play it and enjoy it.

I'd love to hear what folks have. I'm in Omro (near Oshkosh) so closer is better, but for the right game, I'll drive more than a few hours. :)

Thanks,

Doc (aka Vince)
Doc4421

Re: WTB Blue Chip or 1970s Similar

Post by Doc4421 »

Yep, I saw that one. The guy either sold it or is the worst lister in the world, as he won't return messages. Thanks for looking for me, though!
AlexF

Post by AlexF »

His ad started at $400 obo and then turned into $500 obo. Maybe he is hoping for an offer over asking price. Not usually how I think of best offer but some people do.
Doc4421

Post by Doc4421 »

AlexF wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 8:57 am His ad started at $400 obo and then turned into $500 obo. Maybe he is hoping for an offer over asking price. Not usually how I think of best offer but some people do.
That's weird. I've emailed him multiple times and asked to see the machine, but I"ve gotten no response. I'm not tied to this machine (although I do love the title), so if anyone has a line on something similar, I'd love to take a shot at it.
AlexF

Post by AlexF »

How do you feel about 2" flipper games. I have 3 (all AAB) and would consider selling one of them.
1966 Williams Big Strike
1967 Williams Kickoff
1968 Williams Smarty
Doc4421

Post by Doc4421 »

AlexF wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 9:40 am How do you feel about 2" flipper games. I have 3 (all AAB) and would consider selling one of them.
1966 Williams Big Strike
1967 Williams Kickoff
1968 Williams Smarty
I've never played them, but I have no inherent problems with them. The Kickoff game looks great. The Smarty Game doesn't seem to fit my vibe. The Big Strike would be in the middle. The big thing is that they work from a functional standpoint. If you want to either post or DM me prices and/or where you are, I'd be very interested.

Thanks Alex!
AlexF

Post by AlexF »

They have all been gone over within in the last year. Kickoff is probably the nicest of the 3. I'll figure something out and send you an email.

You can see some pictures of them here
http://www.pinballowners.com/pincalendar
PinJohn

Post by PinJohn »

Alex will fix you up with game. His games always play nice.

I also have one game if you really want to go old school. A woodrail called Straight Shooter. Nice 4 flipper game with a new Shay repro backglass, new playfield plastics, nice playfield and it plays nice and smooth without issues. ;)

Also has the accessory cigarette holders ! Really handy if you or your kids smoke. :lol:
Doc4421

Post by Doc4421 »

PinJohn wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 12:01 pm
Also has the accessory cigarette holders ! Really handy if you or your kids smoke. :lol:
Thanks for the endorsement. And, no... I think we'll keep the cigarettes to a minimum... :)
PinJohn

Post by PinJohn »

At least you know where and when your kids are smoking if they are playing an old woodrail with the nice cigarette holders on it. :)
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

PinJohn wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 4:25 pm At least you know where and when your kids are smoking if they are playing an old woodrail with the nice cigarette holders on it. :)
And what they are smoking... LOL

I will 2nd what someone else has said about AlexF... when it comes to EMs, he is one of the better repairer/refurbers out there. Deal with confidence.
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
AlexF

Post by AlexF »

Wow, thanks John and Tim. I appreciate the kind words. :D