Pat Lawlor joins JJP

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
DeaconBlooze

Pat Lawlor joins JJP

Post by DeaconBlooze »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1fepFV ... e=youtu.be

He's announced that he'll be doing an original theme for JJP's 3rd pin. Thoughts?
Current machines:

Wh20 :: PinBot :: Flash :: Firepower :: BSD :: SW Pro :: Pokerino :: TnA :: Bank Shot :: Stars :: Sky Jump :: Laser Cue
Ken

Re: Pat Lawlor joins JJP

Post by Ken »

Great news. He must have read Hilton's thread and decided to come back!
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

It's awesome news.... None of his pins jive with me and the pricepoint should be about 10k by then.... It has made my decision to not buy a pin the easiest one ever. :lol:
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Also, I didn't make it through the first 20 seconds of the video, but for anyone that hasn't seen it yet, picture it like this is one of those hostage videos released by Al Qaida where the guy looks like he is forced to say how much he loves Allah... Same vibe, makes it kind of fun to watch. I was looking for shadows of his captors.
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

ralphwiggum wrote:Also, I didn't make it through the first 20 seconds of the video, but for anyone that hasn't seen it yet, picture it like this is one of those hostage videos released by Al Qaida where the guy looks like he is forced to say how much he loves Allah... Same vibe, makes it kind of fun to watch. I was looking for shadows of his captors.
Do you think they had a gun pointed at him? :lol:

Interested to see what they come up with. Yet, JJP is already talking about their 3rd game. WOZLE preorders are not done, Hobbit not released yet. Next they will be taking preorders on the third game.

No offense to JJP but if Stern this business practice, the community would be in a tizzy.
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

TomGWI wrote:
ralphwiggum wrote:Also, I didn't make it through the first 20 seconds of the video, but for anyone that hasn't seen it yet, picture it like this is one of those hostage videos released by Al Qaida where the guy looks like he is forced to say how much he loves Allah... Same vibe, makes it kind of fun to watch. I was looking for shadows of his captors.
Do you think they had a gun pointed at him? :lol:

Interested to see what they come up with. Yet, JJP is already talking about their 3rd game. WOZLE preorders are not done, Hobbit not released yet. Next they will be taking preorders on the third game.

No offense to JJP but if Stern this business practice, the community would be in a tizzy.

Dude was, is and always will be a used car salesman. No offense to car salesmen, but this is the kind of guy I walk away from on the lot. I am glad he is making machines, but I just wish it was someone else. Lots of smoke and mirrors with this company. At least with Stern they say- here is our product, regardless of how shoddy the toys are and how high the price is, it is what it is...
Current Collection
Methos

Post by Methos »

In all fairness - if we could go back in time and see/meet most of the people who made pinball machines, I bet there would be very few machines in our collections if we discriminated by personal attributes... Mobsters, drug dealers, closet sexual offenders...etc.
TomGWI

Post by TomGWI »

More pinball is always better than less. Glad Lawlor is back.

Kind of amazing that about 3-4 years ago most of didn't think Stern would still be in business and now there are literally half a dozen new games coming out from different companies.
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

I am stoked about this and both Tim E and Mike S can verify that I called it almost 19 months ago. I love Pat L designs so I am hoping it is something I dig. It would be great if they get John Yossi to join on the art team!
Ran

Post by Ran »

I am officially starting a new savings account so I can purchase Pat's new game.
For all of you that know my wife...please don't say anything ;)
Current Collection
Hobbit LE | Spider-Man | Mousin’ Around | Counterforce