Ghostbusters.......

Pinball Discussion, Location Games, Etc.
Fortytwo

Re: Ghostbusters.......

Post by Fortytwo »

One thing I noticed in the feed was the triangle lights by the magna slings. It seemed one would light then they both would light. Each having a stronger or pumped up action.
Also I was participating in the chat. A few people noted the slings not firing as often as they do with traditional switch layout. Myself I will play it as it ships for a while but may tighten the switch gap.

A good question. This will be my first NIB game. What's the recommended unbox / treatment. Should it get waxed or just played etc? Any things to have on hand.
Thanks
FortyTwo.
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

So GB took awhile to get finished.... LOL

That being said, Chalk up another vote for the Dodge Caravan being the greatest vehicle ever made....

Two NIB games fit like a glove-
Attachments
IMG_20161013_180545984.jpg
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
pinball4ever

Post by pinball4ever »

Congrats buddy! You've demonstrated a lot of patience on this one. I hope the game surpasses all your expectations.

Are you going to take both and make one really nice one? :D

Todd
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

i bought one to flip.... lololol

actually the other one was Mark's brothers. i dropped it off at his place on my way back up.

opening mine up with the kids tonight.
Current Collection
Demolition Man, Genie, Pennant Fever, Sinbad, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Fish Tales, Wheel of Fortune
Fortytwo

Post by Fortytwo »

Sweet. I will get my game this weekend too! Just waiting for them to return to Wisconsin and I'll meet him.
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Fortytwo wrote:Sweet. I will get my game this weekend too! Just waiting for them to return to Wisconsin and I'll meet him.
Your game looked a little sad in his trailer as I took his two brothers away :) Luckily there was a Rob Zombie sitting next to your game to scare him while he tries to sleep at night.
Current Collection
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

Congrats Tim! I know it's been a long wait but I'm sure you and your family will love the game! Happy Unboxing :D
Current Collection: Rick and Morty, JPPrem, TWDLE, SW Pro, Stranger Things Pro, Godzilla Pro, Pulp Fiction, GNRLE, Doctor Who, Eight Ball, Harlem, Stars, Shadow.
KingPin Games

Post by KingPin Games »

ralphwiggum wrote:
Fortytwo wrote:Sweet. I will get my game this weekend too! Just waiting for them to return to Wisconsin and I'll meet him.
Your game looked a little sad in his trailer as I took his two brothers away :) Luckily there was a Rob Zombie sitting next to your game to scare him while he tries to sleep at night.
Trsiler's empty now. Thanks everyone for your patience with this.
Christopher
KingPin Games
www.KingPinGames.net
Sales@KingPinGames.net
608-393-2299 cell

Authorized JJP, Stern, Spooky, Chicago Gaming, American Pinball, Raw Thrills, Namco, Incredible Technology, Pipeline Games
Fortytwo

Post by Fortytwo »

GB made it home and into the basement. Still in the box strapped to the hand truck. I was in bed by midnight. It's a lot happier to be around friendly pins! Rob zombie told it stories about living dead girl offered it chicken and left it alone in a dark trailer.

Thank kingpin for meeting me on your way home tonight. Awesome service.
FortyTwo
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

Woohoo! Congrats guys! Can't wait to hear what you think of it. We're loving our Pro.

Code update 1.10 is out too... adds a second video mode and some other stuff. Some have mentioned some bugs, which I haven't finished reading about, personally.
Our pinball table breeding stock:
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Chris K wrote:Woohoo! Congrats guys! Can't wait to hear what you think of it. We're loving our Pro.

Code update 1.10 is out too... adds a second video mode and some other stuff. Some have mentioned some bugs, which I haven't finished reading about, personally.

i have about 30 games on it now. only adjustment needed was lowering the left kickout to prevent center drains. only a couple of airballs, but i have a solution i will test later today. i havent had any of the issues others have mentioned- subway shot is clean and smooth and the right ramp doesnt reject shots.

i love the game. i mean, like really love it. it is just fun to play and theme integration is phenomenal. cant wait to really dive into it.

i am holding off on the code update for now.
Current Collection
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

I had to adjust both kickouts on ours too. Pretty nice to be able to adjust strength so granularly... it took a few minutes pushing buttons to make it perfect for both.

My Scoleri Brothers wouldn't drop on strong hits out of the box. Pinball Life sells a $4 spring kit to fix that, and using PBL's springs AND Stern's springs our Scoleris are now good.

I added Mezel's backbox "purple haze" light strip, which makes the rear of the table pulsate nicely. I also swapped out the white 5V #89 between the pops for a green one, which looks awesome. I changed a couple bulbs out for Comet's dark purples, and put glow in the dark rings (aka Green Translucent) on the bottom half of the table. Minor and reversible stuff, and probably all I'll do.

I'm interested to hear how your air ball changes go. I do get a few of them from time to time.

Agreed about the table. It's the whole package for me... the art is great, the sound is great, and the game itself is a ton of fun. Glad to hear yours arrived with no major faults!
Our pinball table breeding stock:
Star Trek: The Next Generation, Scared Stiff, Black Hole, Roy Clark, Monster Bash Remake, Future Spa, Big Deal, Top Score, Baywatch, Rick and Morty, TMNT, Sinbad, Guns N Roses
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

60 games in and tobins ghost is starting to appear....
Attachments
IMG_20161015_154721553.jpg
Current Collection
Hilton

Post by Hilton »

bummer but expected.

Supposedly Gary Stern said they will be taking care of all insert ghosting at his Expo talk.

I thought Premiums were supposed to be int he all is figured out batch?
ralphwiggum

Post by ralphwiggum »

Hilton wrote:bummer but expected.

Supposedly Gary Stern said they will be taking care of all insert ghosting at his Expo talk.

I thought Premiums were supposed to be int he all is figured out batch?
i dont care if it ghosts, my only concern is if it starts chipping. at this point, it is fine, but i will have to keep an eye on it.

the game is fantastic, and that is the most important thing.

magna slings are probably my favorite feature of any pin in the last 20 years.
Current Collection